X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lat-Literal
    • Aug 2015

Newly released / found music of a certain sort

Sissoko and Segal have teamed up again. "Chamber Music" was exceptional. To my mind it is one of the best world music CDs of this decade so far. "Musique de Nuit" is apparently fusion with trip-hop exponents Bumcello and the singer Babani Kone. R Denselow has rated it four out of five. Here is "Passa Quatro" which is just them and, ahem, very pleasant:

Ballaké Sissoko and Vincent Segal - Passa Quatro - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrCdCa0iYHQ
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lat-Literal View Post

Ballaké Sissoko and Vincent Segal - Passa Quatro - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrCdCa0iYHQ
    Great bit of film that one, Lat. Max played this one by Sissoko/Segal the other night and it seemed just right to me.

Provided to YouTube by NO FORMATN'kapalema · Ballaké Sissoko · Vincent SégalMusique de nuit℗ 2015 NO FORMAT!Released on: 2015-09-04Associated Performer: Bal...

Comment

• CallMePaul
      • Jan 2014

I've just ordered this from the "River People". I tried to buy it in Manchester yesterday but neither HMV, FOPP nor Forsyth's had it in stock. HMV seems to have dramatically reduced its buying-in of World Music (and other genres that are not "Pop/Rock") and their ordering service is slow.

Comment

• CallMePaul
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by CallMePaul View Post
        I've just ordered this from the "River People". I tried to buy it in Manchester yesterday but neither HMV, FOPP nor Forsyth's had it in stock. HMV seems to have dramatically reduced its buying-in of World Music (and other genres that are not "Pop/Rock") and their ordering service is slow.
        This arrived yesterday; it is almost as good as their first CD. Fans of this duo should also note Sissoko's "At Peace" CD, also on the No Format label. Vincent Segal plays on 4 of the 9 tracks on this disc, all of which is excellent.

Comment

• Globaltruth
          Host
          • Nov 2010

This arrived yesterday; it is almost as good as their first CD. Fans of this duo should also note Sissoko's "At Peace" CD, also on the No Format label. Vincent Segal plays on 4 of the 9 tracks on this disc, all of which is excellent.
          Thanks v.much Paul - hadn't spotted these, last one of is I really listened to was the (as we are all agreed) fantastic Chamber Music.

Comment

• Globaltruth
            Host
            • Nov 2010

If everyone is ok with the suggestion, I propose changing the title of this thread to New Music; that way we can include vinyl, cassettes, all those digital ones, and er anything else. So many formats, so little time.
            Remember, silence means assent.

( I shall have to submit a Change Title Request Form to the estimable FF...)

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
              Gone fishin'
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
              If everyone is ok with the suggestion, I propose changing the title of this thread to New Music; that way we can include vinyl, cassettes, all those digital ones, and er anything else. So many formats, so little time.

"New Music" might be a little ambiguous! "New Recordings", perhaps?
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Bryn
                Banned
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                "New Music" might be a little ambiguous! "New Recordings", perhaps?
                Since the recordings might not be new, how about new releases?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                  Gone fishin'
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

I spent a very pleasant hour today watching this one.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAIwGw1paIc

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                      Is that new, as in just out, or new, as in new to me as far as I know; or am I in danger of splitting airs?

Comment

• Bryn
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                        Is that new, as in just out, or new, as in new to me as far as I know; or am I in danger of splitting airs?
                        The first "new" in my contribution refers to the date(s) on which the recording(s) was/were made. The second refers to the most recent release date of that/those recording(s).

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                          Gone fishin'
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                          "New and Recent Releases, Re-Issues and Remixes of Recordings"?

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                            "New and Recent Releases, remastered and restored Re-Issues and Remixes of Recordings"?

i've helped finish that for you Ferney.
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post

Yes to a change of title.

Happy for our Host to decide in the light of all the helpful comments.

Comment

Working...
                              X