Another record high!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Possible disruption from 1am, Wednesday 27th March

We have been advised by our host, Pair Networks that there may be a short maintenance outage of up to 15 minutes in the period between 1am and 6am on Wednesday.
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another record high!

I see the record for the greatest number of members on line at any one time was broken again yesterday evening. While quantity isn't everything, I think we should all be encouraged by the way things are going - and we should also encourage others to register and find out what they've been missing!

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
    While quantity isn't everything, I think we should all be encouraged by the way things are going - and we should also encourage others to register and find out what they've been missing!
    I think that the good thing about the way the boards have been going is that they haven't developed cliques (as yet). Each board tends to have its habitués, some people stick to just one board but there is encouragement through the What's New/New posts views for people to at least read the latest messages on any of the boards (while ignoring the threads that don't interest or which annoy ). On the BBC boards, you chose your forum and were then in a completely enclosed world. I was going to make a similar homepage for here but I think the integrated boards are better.

Yes, all those interested in Radio 3, classical music (new and old, sacred and profane), the Proms, jazz, world music, drama, the arts, Stormy Weather &c. are welcome.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      I think that the good thing about the way the boards have been going is that they haven't developed cliques (as yet). Each board tends to have its habitués, some people stick to just one board but there is encouragement through the What's New/New posts views for people to at least read the latest messages on any of the boards (while ignoring the threads that don't interest or which annoy ). On the BBC boards, you chose your forum and were then in a completely enclosed world. I was going to make a similar homepage for here but I think the integrated boards are better.

Yes, all those interested in Radio 3, classical music (new and old, sacred and profane), the Proms, jazz, world music, drama, the arts, Stormy Weather &c. are welcome.

Totally agree!!
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

I find I am agreeing with Caliban on almost everything this post, that Spring is the best season of the year, etc. Etc. - should I be counselled?

Comment

Great news.

frenchfrank - Do we know why this boost has occurred recently along with an increase in members? When you have a moment, it would be interesting to hear whether this is partially the consequence of advertising or other promotions. Also, has the announcement of the closure of the BBC message boards for Radio 4 made a difference? Or is it more a case of word of mouth? Lat.

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
            I find I am agreeing with Caliban on almost everything this post, that Spring is the best season of the year, etc. Etc.
            You know it makes sense!!

"...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Yet when I went online this morning, however, I began to believe I was the only person left alive on earth. It was a very lonely situation. But I suppose everyone has a right to a lie-in .

Comment

Some people - no names, no pack drill - seem to have breakfast at what I would consider a remarkably advanced stage of the day.
                On a more serious note, I recently posted on 'The Choir' for the first time and greatly enjoyed the messages posted in reply.

Comment

But there are others who never seem to sleep at all. We have a few insomniacs writing in the middle of the night (and I don't just mean our international friends in different time zones).

Comment

...including those who still seem to be on GMT?

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                      ...including those who still seem to be on GMT?
                      I've been on GMT all week - just can't settle to the new displacement for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                        I think that the good thing about the way the boards have been going is that they haven't developed cliques (as yet). Each board tends to have its habitués, some people stick to just one board but there is encouragement through the What's New/New posts views for people to at least read the latest messages on any of the boards (while ignoring the threads that don't interest or which annoy :smiley.
                        I think that is an important point, about cliques. I mainly stick to one thread (one of the annoying ones!) but I have posted, for example, on The Choir or general discussions and certainly not made to feel unwelcome which, on the old R3 I certainly felt (and was why I stopped posting on them) that I was a complete outsider.

Referring to Lat's posting about the R4 refugees, it will be interesting to see if they congregate here or on the other newly set up board.

Comment

If you can just hang on until late October, you'll be OK.

Comment

Cliques are very stange things. You are only really aware of them when you are on the outside. New members must sometimes feel as though they are on the outer edge of a group of people who appear to know one another very well. This isn't the case, of course, because most of us know very little about any of the others, except perhaps a few who may meet at occasions such as the Proms.

Comment

185 online at 13.37 today! (Perhaps they've heard that Anna's back )

Comment

Working...
                              X