Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another record high!

Quote Originally Posted by Ofcachap View Post
    ...including those who still seem to be on GMT?
    I've been on GMT all week - just can't settle to the new displacement for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by french frank View Post
    I think that the good thing about the way the boards have been going is that they haven't developed cliques (as yet). Each board tends to have its habitu├ęs, some people stick to just one board but there is encouragement through the What's New/New posts views for people to at least read the latest messages on any of the boards (while ignoring the threads that don't interest or which annoy :smiley.
    I think that is an important point, about cliques. I mainly stick to one thread (one of the annoying ones!) but I have posted, for example, on The Choir or general discussions and certainly not made to feel unwelcome which, on the old R3 I certainly felt (and was why I stopped posting on them) that I was a complete outsider.

Referring to Lat's posting about the R4 refugees, it will be interesting to see if they congregate here or on the other newly set up board.

If you can just hang on until late October, you'll be OK.

Cliques are very stange things. You are only really aware of them when you are on the outside. New members must sometimes feel as though they are on the outer edge of a group of people who appear to know one another very well. This isn't the case, of course, because most of us know very little about any of the others, except perhaps a few who may meet at occasions such as the Proms.

185 online at 13.37 today! (Perhaps they've heard that Anna's back )

Quote Originally Posted by Ofcachap View Post
    185 online at 13.37 today! (Perhaps they've heard that Anna's back )
    Could there be any other reason?
    "There is not much to see here," said I.
    "Nor to hear, miss," returned Mr Vholes. "A little music does occasionally stray in; but we are not musical in the law, and soon eject it."

Bleak House, Chapter 60

hackneyvi Guest

I see there was a new high in 'most users online' of 246 at 20.10 yesterday (Sunday 12th June 2011).

Quite right, too! Congratulations, ff.

Yesterday saw the number of members/ visitors at any one time break the 300 barrier!
    Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....

Quote Originally Posted by Il Grande Inquisitor View Post
    Yesterday saw the number of members/ visitors at any one time break the 300 barrier!
    This was mentioned in another thread.

My (unexciting) theory is that msnbots are currently having a blitz indexing the site. Not long ago (today) I reckon they accounted for almost 20% of the guests!

Lateralthinking1 Guest

We very nearly got there today. I think we were 8 away from 301 at 11.30am ish. Don't know if you have "best ever" figures for individual forums? I saw a 71 for Platform 3 this morning but I think we may have had upper 70s there before? There were also 17 on World Music which must be an all time record.