Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
    185 online at 13.37 today! (Perhaps they've heard that Anna's back )
    Could there be any other reason?
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

I see there was a new high in 'most users online' of 246 at 20.10 yesterday (Sunday 12th June 2011).

Quite right, too! Congratulations, ff.

Comment

Yesterday saw the number of members/ visitors at any one time break the 300 barrier!
        Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....

Comment

Originally posted by Il Grande Inquisitor View Post
          Yesterday saw the number of members/ visitors at any one time break the 300 barrier!
          This was mentioned in another thread.

My (unexciting) theory is that msnbots are currently having a blitz indexing the site. Not long ago (today) I reckon they accounted for almost 20% of the guests!
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

We very nearly got there today. I think we were 8 away from 301 at 11.30am ish. Don't know if you have "best ever" figures for individual forums? I saw a 71 for Platform 3 this morning but I think we may have had upper 70s there before? There were also 17 on World Music which must be an all time record.

Comment

Before anyone gets over excited about our new record high, let me quickly say that I think at least three quarters of them were probably some sort of bot, from all over the place. They were almost all - for some inexplicable reason - 'viewing' Mahlerei's Logger pop-up was blocked thread .
              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Ah, but that's a classic thread. People will write blogs about that thread .

Congratulations on your success
                (I bet the BBC are happy with how the outsourcing of their Radio 3 message boards has gone , but if I could just draw your attention to the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) regulations of 2006 and alert you to the imminent arrival of a few, formerly much-put-upon BBC message board moderators... ).

Comment

Originally posted by Word View Post
                  but if I could just draw your attention to the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) regulations of 2006 and alert you to the imminent arrival of a few, formerly much-put-upon BBC message board moderators... ).
                  It would be rather good to have some professionals doing the job

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                    ...let me quickly say that I think at least three quarters of them were probably some sort of bot, from all over the place.
                    Shame they don't like World Music; crazy little bots don't know what they're missing.

Comment

Not exactly a record high but a record long. The longest time it's taken me to realise that the clocks changed at 2am - getting on for 24 hours. Why wasn't it mentioned anywhere?

Bedtime then ...

Comment

Not exactly a record high but a record long. The longest time it's taken me to realise that the clocks changed at 2am - getting on for 24 hours. Why wasn't it mentioned anywhere?

Bedtime then ...
                        Ruddy Heck FF!
                        Last edited by Guest; 25-03-12, 23:22. Reason: typo

Comment

Bedtime then ...

FF you should join in the AA thread more often... http://www.for3.org/forums/showthrea...237#post144237

"...the isle is full of noises,
                          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

The wee Scotsman who does the weather on TV was polite enough to remind us at some point on Saturday Night. I had intended to go to a concert but my hayfever has struck with a vengeance and my nasal whistle would not please the punters.

Comment

Bedtime then ...
                              Someone opened a book on how long it would take you to notice FF.I think I won.

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                                Someone opened a book on how long it would take you to notice FF.I think I won.
                                The weird thing was that I was at the computer at 8pm (new style, aka BST), and I thought, 'My goodness, tempus has fugited: I haven't lit the fire or had my supper yet.' Downstairs I go to find it is only 7pm there. I checked the dining room clock with the kitchen one.

Later on, back upstairs to log on again and - shocked! - I found that tempus had once more fugited ... And then ...

Comment

Working...
                                X