Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proms 2011

Hi Im new in here trying to findsome advance info on this years proms,anyone help please?

Hi, Dream Theater, welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy your time with us. If you follow the Classic Forum thread to Performance you will find a thread dealing with the 2011 Proms. Here is a shortcut:

Best wishes

Chris.

Comment

Hello DreamTheater!

On our forum homepage, under the Performance forum, you'll see a little sub-forum called Proms 2011. This is the link, to save you time. These are all the crumbs we've managed to glean so far.

The full programme is being announced next Thursday, April 14. I assume it will be on the updated Proms 2011 site, but the BBC is still working off the old 2010 at the moment, which is here.

[Btw, I'll upgrade the Proms to its own forum once things get started]
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Ha! Pipped at the post again
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Proms 2011

Originally posted by Chris Newman View Post
          Hi, Dream Theater, welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy your time with us. If you follow the Classic Forum thread to Performance you will find a thread dealing with the 2011 Proms. Here is a shortcut:

Best wishes

Chris.
          Thanks Chris, thats great

Comment

Many Thanks thats great

Comment

Originally posted by DreamTheater View Post
              Thanks Chris, thats great
              I presume your a DT fan like me? Great band. Hope you have a great time on these boards.
              Don’t cry for me
              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                I presume your a DT fan like me? Great band. Hope you have a great time on these boards.
                Yay! That makes three of us!

*ahem* Back on topic, I'm looking forward to the season launch tomorrow.

Comment

"all seats sold" Proms as of May 19

Well, as of 4:54 PM British Summer Time, the following Proms for the 2011 season have the magic words "This event has no seats remaining" to go with them (omitting The Last Night):

1. Prom 4: Havergal Brian, "The Gothic"
                  2. PCM 1: Goldberg Variations
                  3. Prom 13: Verdi Requiem
                  4. PCM 2: Elias Quartet
                  5. Prom 29: Mahler 2
                  6. PCM 4: Khatia Buniatishvili
                  7. Prom 38: Film Music Prom
                  8. Prom 40: Comedy Prom
                  9. Prom 47: Brahms, COE/Ax/Haitink
                  10. Prom 59: "Hooray for Hollywood"
                  11. PCM 7: Yo-Yo Ma and Kathryn Stott
                  12. Prom 61: Yo-Yo Ma / Graham Fitkin & Beethoven 9
                  13. Prom 67: Beethoven, Missa Solemnis
                  14. Prom 72: Philadelphia Orchestra (*)

(*) Keep your fingers crossed; related post in that thread that I'll put up momentarily.
                  Last edited by bluestateprommer; 19-05-11, 15:55. Reason: title edit

Comment

I usually find, in the case of RAH proms which have apparently "sold out" that a whole load of seats miraculously become available around the middle of June, particularly in the stalls and boxes. I assume these are mostly members' returns. I had no trouble getting stalls seats last year for Mahler 8 and also one of the Berliner proms, long after they had been advertised as fully booked.

Comment

Originally posted by bluestateprommer View Post
                      7. Prom 38: Film Music Prom
                      8. Prom 40: Comedy Prom
                      aka the weekend I noted in my Proms season plan as "Weekend Most Likely for a Quick Continental Trip"

Comment

addition to "no seats available" Proms list

From the RAH's website, the Proms Chamber Music 3 concert with Les Talens Lyriques on August 1 can be added to the "This event has no seats available" list of advance-sold Proms.

Comment

Working...
                        X