No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11.4.2011 - Granados

1. The Maja and the Nightingale

Early life, piano studies in Paris, major influences.

2. The Flirtations

Teaching and the attractions of education in Barcelona

3. Dialogue at a Window

Goyescas

4. Love and Death

Opera - and a real life operatic ending!

5. The Ghost's Serenade

The legacy
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Ah! It’s back. Good. I thought I’d dreamed it.

Yes, it’s about time we had Granados on CoW. I love what I know of his music which isn’t very much. I look forward to discovering more.
    Last edited by doversoul1; 09-04-11, 17:00. Reason: just one of those things

Comment

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
      Ah! It’s back. Good. I thought I’d dreamed it.
      Tchah! I thought I'd removed it before anyone noticed . Thought the five long chunks of text were a bit rebarbative, so I've reduced them to one-liners with a link to the R3 pages.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Granados, how neglected in our recital rooms, great piano music and fabulous songs.
        Any mezzo looking for unusual material to delight her audience could not better the three Maja dolorosa songs played on today's programme and sung by Montserrat Caballe. There are equally, perhaps even finer versions by Teresa Berganza; utterly exquisite music.

Comment

Immediately agree with Gradus.
          Therefore I think Granados would be served better with a complete, unabridged performance of his piano quintet in stead of the one included in this programme today.

Comment

Working...
          X