No announcement yet.
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liszt's Weinen, Klagen, Sorgen, Zagen seems poignantly to sum up the reaction of RVW fans to his reckless exclusion from the Proms programme.

Comment

Well I am just delighted with this years choice of Jazz Calendar by Sir Richard Rodney Bennett (not listed but being played Sat 13th August at the Cadogan Hall).
      At last after 35years of listening to a treasured LP I will hear this wonderful piece live, thank you BBC Proms.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryG View Post
        Well I am just delighted with this years choice of Jazz Calendar by Sir Richard Rodney Bennett (not listed but being played Sat 13th August at the Cadogan Hall).
        At last after 35years of listening to a treasured LP I will hear this wonderful piece live, thank you BBC Proms.
        Hello BarryG

Looking at the list again, I suspect that it just refers to the evening concerts, not the chamber concerts at CH. We ought to have a separate list for those.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Could not agree more and share your frustration FTC. I suppose a petition would be counter-productive?

Comment

Working...
          X