Good to see the database problem resolved Thank you, whoever sorted it.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see the database problem resolved Thank you, whoever sorted it.

Strangely, r3ok also went of while for a while, too.

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    Strangely, r3ok also went of while for a while, too.
    Do people go on that site still?
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
      Do people go on that site still?
      A few do, mainly to play your game.
      Last edited by Bryn; 14-11-18, 13:07. Reason: Another typo.

Comment

A few do, mainly to olay your game.
        I brought up the subject of whether we were ready to remove the link from our sidebar on the grounds that there had been 9 posts during the month and 19 new members, mostly spammers posting signatures with adverts. But as long as people post there, and I gathered some had an aversion to joining us here
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          . . . I gathered some had an aversion to joining us here
          Perhaps those few are addicted to Bbm's 6 letter game. It (r3ok) was back up and running again quite quickly last night but I don't think anyone bothered to use it as a temporary substitute. There is but one new mwssage, concerning the Zimmermann Trumpet Concerto.

Comment

Perhaps those few are addicted to Bbm's 6 letter game.
            That is a reason for playing the six-letter word game, not a reason for not posting here. When we started I was very careful to delete threads similar to 'The Cat Basket' and the 'Grumpy Old Rant Room' as I thought r3ok should keep its own character and supporters, and we should not duplicate its 'offer'. We chose to keep our focus on Radio 3, which in the long run has preserved the forum. If it descended into a forum purely for Stormy Weather, Alphabet Associations et al it would soon shed most of its members.
            Last edited by french frank; 14-11-18, 14:53.
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

A few do, mainly to play your game.

Guilty as charged.

Comment

Working...
              X