Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get very little free brain space nowadays Global - and when I do it's more often or not outside
    of t'net range. Sorry and all that ... Now visually I'm rather attracted to that image the MMAS !
    How long did you live in Brighton ( I'm a rare caller but do remember the odd visits for some reason - AK behaving badly for example .. )

Comment

All the members of the MMAS dress as Max Miller. Then they take it in turns to impersonate him, either miming to 78's or actually doing his act live. They really are good, they really enjoy it and it seems important to keep it alive;
      it reminded me of some of the Presley re-enactors we used to see on the West Coast. Of Ireland.

Maybe they could combine and with some clever editing have a massive underground dubstep hip and hop hit?

I am sure DJ's would q up to play it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
        Presley re-enactors
        ....are we sure EP's passed on?
        From the US election and Biden's presidency, to gun control and abortion rights; stay up-to-date with the latest lines and comment with The Telegraph.

Apparently it's good for the health.

Comment

Have members seen the Elvis re-enactionaries tv doc as done by JR, Jonathan Ross ?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
            Have members seen the Elvis re-enactionaries tv doc as done by JR, Jonathan Ross ?
            No, but I saw Elvis in the deserted carpark of a huge shopping mall in Atlanta in 1998....Uh-huh

Comment

Well for anyone who wants to see JR in something worthy - here is the first of seven parts of his terrific C4
              film.

Lovely stuff - particularly El Vez, The Mexican Elvis and his Elvettes ...*

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

* Who once appeared at Trentham Gardens

Comment

I think 'Dave' or one of these TV Channels should take requests for programmes such as JR's Elvis show - two others that I'd like to see again would be Jools' C4 programmes about Cajun Country and Jarvis' really excellent programme about 'Outsider Art' for C4 from yonks ago - blinkin' better than endless Top Gear repeats - actually a poke in the eye with a burnt stick would be an improvement on that.

Comment

You'll all be delighted to know that the mouse-trap has arrived. The box tells me that it is effective, durable, and easy to use. And, a major feature 'multi-mouse'.Will accomodate up to 10 apparently. I think that may be a little snug...
                  It is now baited (with peanut butter - thanks JC) and in place.

We think there may be one escapee mouse under the fridge - so the waiting game has begun. The instructions recommend checking every two hours - this may be taking commitment a little too far.

Anyway, let's keep this on track with a little relevant country YouTube...
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR3o9Vrjc-s

Yee Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
                    Will accomodate up to 10 apparently. I think that may be a little snug...
                    It is now baited (with peanut butter - thanks JC) and in place.
                    PB - so More-ish. I suppose the thing you've got to watch, Global, is that they dion't start breeding in there and then you end up with multi-mice under the fridge. Only one piece of advice.
                    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...e_Vigilant.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                      PB - so More-ish. I suppose the thing you've got to watch, Global, is that they dion't start breeding in there and then you end up with multi-mice under the fridge. Only one piece of advice.
                      http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...e_Vigilant.jpg
                      A webcam feed - brilliant idea, maybe I can set up a website...

Comment

It's getting a little Tom & Jerry 'round here which reminds me I don't think we've got the
                        delicious Tom & Jimmy on to Lat's Long List.

They have to be on that scroll - I was playing this lovely LP only last night ( thanks Mr Strachwitz )

Folks, please welcome Darby & Tarlton
                        ... ... great harmony, fabulous yodel ..... they influenced everybody, from the louvin brothers to the beatles and bob dylan too

Also due for a R3 airing. Can't just leave it to Son of Peel to carry that torch !

Comment

Thanks Paul - we must be getting near to the 100 mark. After LJ, LNL will see if he can provide our definitive list - (Late Night) Lat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                            Thanks Paul - we must be getting near to the 100 mark. After LJ, LNL will see if he can provide our definitive list - (Late Night) Lat.
                            For a minute I thought you were called Lionel Lat - got it in the end.
                            Yes indeed Darby and Tarlton - by the way talking of duets Paul I stuck Pearl and Carl Butler on the neverending from a rather interesting record of duets - I also stuck on the George Jones/Gene Pitney which I really enjoyed - never heard it before. Here's the link.

Comment

There's a thing, John.
                              On the vinyl spinner in the office this evening ' Great Duets ' and guess who follows Mee & Ewe's take of ' Satisfied Mind' on this Gusto release from 1977 ?

The one and only Carl & Pearl Butler with as you already know ' Don't Let Me Crossover '

Here, have a signed picture
                              Last edited by Guest; 08-06-11, 22:49. Reason: Spellin - the LP says ' Me ' and it should be 'Mee' as you pobably thought

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                                There's a thing, John.
                                On the vinyl spinner in the office this evening ' Great Duets ' and guess who follows Mee & Ewe's take of ' Satisfied Mind' on this Gusto release from 1977 ?

The one and only Carl & Pearl Butler with as you already know ' Don't Let Me Crossover '

Here, have a signed picture
                                http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gEcxy1SkC4...Pearl+1972.jpg
                                Brilliant photo Paul - as I have said before, on an old tape of a Kershaw programme you get a mention in connection to Pearl and Carl (as opposed to Teddy and Pearl Carr ) - but that duets record has a few tracks with Kitty Wells iincluding a cracker with Hank Williams - again I hadn't heard it before - she really has a great voice that Kitty.:cool2:

Comment

Working...
                                X