Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenny Burrell needs financial help to fund medical costs

I hope you don't mind me posting onto this site a crowd-funding message concerning Kenny Burrell.

Thanks, I’ve donated something. Having to crowdfund medical expenses is a sad comment on the richest country in the world.
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stunsworth View Post
      Thanks, I’ve donated something. Having to crowdfund medical expenses is a sad comment on the richest country in the world.
      It seems on a par with our foodbanks?

Comment

I donated something too. Alas, the United States works on the jungle law of 'survival of the fittest'. Alas, the UK is getting very close to that sad situation too.

Comment

There is strong evidence that this is a scam.

Comment

Originally posted by Alyn_Shipton View Post
            Is there no decency left in the world?!

Comment

It does look a bit like that, but I've not found any definitive evidence yet. I'm not donating, so it doesn't affect me directly - but if instead of Kenny Burrell you submit MRS X FROM LAGOS you might have a different view of the whole text.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                It does look a bit like that, but I've not found any definitive evidence yet. I'm not donating, so it doesn't affect me directly - but if instead of Kenny Burrell you submit MRS X FROM LAGOS you might have a different view of the whole text.
                The latest from Organissimo (US jazz board) where some earlier doubt was also raised...but now?...

"Michael Cuscuna is looking into this and he has a call into Blue Note/Universal to see if they can do anything financially. He said that the Jazz Foundation is already involved too. I told him the Jazz Foundation should give the Burrells a lawyer to sue the bank that's telling them "Tough crap that somebody stole $60,000".

Posted4 hours ago

Update. It’s all legit. Tweet from Jazz Times:

Update: The news about #KennyBurrell is in fact true, and the GoFundMe page is legitimate. An official announcement from the Jazz Foundation of America is on the way, and we'll post it on our website as soon as we get it."the

BN

Comment

Would not be a surprise, would it?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
                    Would not be a surprise, would it?
                    Possibly. Why be so sceptical? He's a black musician and we white Europeans owe him a lot. I've donated £50, less than the £190 I spent on CDs today and it helps my conscience.

Comment

"May 10, 2019

A STATEMENT FROM THE JAZZ FOUNDATION RE: KENNY BURRELL GOFUNDME CAMPAIGN

The Jazz Foundation has received many inquiries over the past 24 hours regarding the legitimacy of the GoFundMe campaign for Kenny Burrell.

We would like to assure anyone concerned about Kenny that this campaign was indeed created by Katherine on his behalf.

Musicians close to Kenny have been in touch with him directly to confirm his situation, and the Jazz Foundation has been in contact with Katherine for months.

We operate with the utmost respect for client privacy and confidentiality, but given the questions that have come up, Katherine has kindly given us permission to share this information.

Kenny and Katherine had been dealing with this situation alone for several years, because, as always, musicians are proud and self-reliant and do things on their own. They did not even contact us to ask for help but were referred by friends.

The Jazz Foundation assessed the case, conferred with other helping organizations, and reviewed documents attesting to the financial need described in the GoFundMe post...." Continues.

So it is legit.

BN.

Comment

Originally posted by BLUESNIK'S REVOX View Post
                        So it is legit.

BN.
                        It's really sad that these events have happened. Seems that bad things are happening, either due to deliberate malpractice or incompetence, though not necessarily all due to criminal activity. It does seem that criminal actions started the problems which have made the situation a lot worse than need be.

I wish them well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                          It's really sad that these events have happened. Seems that bad things are happening, either due to deliberate malpractice or incompetence, though not necessarily all due to criminal activity. It does seem that criminal actions started the problems which have made the situation a lot worse than need be.

I wish them well.
                          Me too, and I will donate

BN.

Comment

Working...
                          X