Thread: John Adams' Harmonielehre - BBC NOW

Default John Adams' Harmonielehre - BBC NOW

Has this performance aired on Radio 3 yet? I've been keeping my eyes out for it but haven't seen it listed yet. The concert was 28 Jan 2011 in Cardiff with the BBC NOW/Fischer.

I'm embarrassed to say I'm generally new to Radio 3. Is there any standard of lead-time between performance and broadcast? Or is it just, 'whenever'?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by prokkyshosty View Post
    Has this performance aired on Radio 3 yet? I've been keeping my eyes out for it but haven't seen it listed yet. The concert was 28 Jan 2011 in Cardiff with the BBC NOW/Fischer.

I'm embarrassed to say I'm generally new to Radio 3. Is there any standard of lead-time between performance and broadcast? Or is it just, 'whenever'?

Cheers!
    Welcome prokkyhosty and don't be embarassed - anytime's a good time to make your acquaintance with Radio 3 and this board - enjoy!!

There are others wiser than I who will be able to answer your Harmonielehre question - I hope

Quote Originally Posted by prokkyshosty View Post
    Welcome to these boards, prokkyshosty

Coming Tuesday May 10th it is broadcast on R3 in Afternoon on 3, approximately 15.45 (3.45pm). See here

Wow, I'm glad I asked when I did. Thanks, Roehre! I appreciate it.

Also, that beer looks strangely delicious.

I was driving home and wondered what it was - I thought it could be John Adams so when I got home I checked - beautiful piece!

It is now available at 192kbps aac on the 'on demand' version of the iPlayer. This afternoon at the time of the broadcast, when I caught it, it was also available as a 320kbps aac stream. Sounded a very fine performance. The Martinu Concerto for Piano Trio and Orchestra, earlier in Afternoon on 3, is also worth catching.

Folks, thanks for the heads up. I'm already on my third listen of the day...

ps. Bryn -- the Martinu -- what a surprise! This needs to be heard more often as well.