Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhilipT View Post
    I think the dedication of the new Maxwell Davies piece went a little wider than PMC; it was to the Promenaders for their collections for musical charities over many years...
    The dedication on the score reads: "For Promenaders' Musical Charities". I read that as referring to the trust that bears that name, the actions of that trust and all those involved with it and those actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee McLernon View Post
      The dedication on the score reads: "For Promenaders' Musical Charities". I read that as referring to the trust that bears that name, the actions of that trust and all those involved with it and those actions.
      Fair enough, Lee. I've not seen the score, only the note in the programme.

Comment

Anyway, whatever, and so on. It's a spectacularly impressive effort. Is this A Record, I wonder?
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          Is this A Record, I wonder?
          Last year's total was £91,488.31, which is the highest to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee McLernon View Post
            Last year's total was £91,488.31, which is the highest to date.
            Ooohh-ah! We'd better have a quick whip round!
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              Ooohh-ah! We'd better have a quick whip round!
              Where's Lord Lamont when you need him (allegedly!)

Bloomin' marvellous result, esp in these straightened times

Comment

bank reconciliation adjustments ('bank reconciliation' being, I understand, the posh term for 'not counting fake pound coins')
                How does the bank determine which of several tens of thousands of pound coins are fake?

Comment

Weight mostly. There's also bound to be a degree of miscounting, one coin too many or too few in a bag here or there, other errors when counting up bags of particular coins and so on (I believe the only adjustments so far this season have led to increases in the total, rather than lowering.

Comment

video of Pittsburgh SO musicians donating to PMC

On the Pittsburgh Symphony's blog, there's this video which shows the Pittsburgh SO musicians making their donation to the PMC at the RAH:

You're free to leave any comments there if you wish. No registration required .

Comment

Hey, Cavatina, you're famous!

Comment

This year's final total for distribution was £86,000. This was divided as follows:

MBF £35,000
                        CLIC Sargent £20,000
                        Music in Hospitals £17,250
                        Cherubim Trust £13,750

Thanks once more to all who donated.

We are already starting to consider next year's charities. So if you know of a music related charity with a project which could benefit from our support then pass me the details, there is more information on the process on our Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/promenaders.musical.charities

Comment

A great result David! Congratulations to all the bucket shakers, dosh counters etc. A truly magnificent effort!

Comment

Originally posted by David Underdown View Post
                            This year's final total for distribution was £86,000. .............
                            Thanks once more to all who donated.
                            That's magnificent (deperately trying to think of a word appropriate to the magnitude of the achievement).

And do pass my highest regards to Lady DoverHyphenSole.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                              Congratulations to all the bucket shakers, dosh counters etc.
                              Sorry to quibble, amateur51, but we are actually forbidden to shake the buckets.

Comment

Sorry to quibble, amateur51, but we are actually forbidden to shake the buckets.
                                Very good point, PhilipT. In fact money-shaking is forbidden to all charity collectors.

I'll rephrase that as 'people who hover expectantly' - how's that?

Comment

Working...
                                X