Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    She had a great band with her, G - blew everyone else away - she had such a great presence about her, I thought. I'll definitely be watching 'Later' on Friday and I don't do that often these days.
    You're right there JC - she has matured since I last saw her. A commanding performance on that rather dreadful show (although L. Marling was also ok).

Glad you like her TS.

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
      You're right there JC - she has matured since I last saw her. A commanding performance on that rather dreadful show (although L. Marling was also ok).

Glad you like her TS.
      Mrs TS was impressed too !!
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        Mrs TS was impressed too !!
        Rokia...and you...clearly a woman of TSTE.

Comment

Well worth watching - three crackin' songs, the third in particular a total beaut. Looked brilliant too - Laura marling was pretty good too - also didn't mind the carolinan who sang Put a Drink in My Hand - I could realte to it.

Comment

Hey Global, I know you indulge in the odd tweet and although you probably know I thought I should point this particular tweet out to you.

Comment

Cheers JC - world music most natural. Yes I did know but maybe not all the other visitors did.
              Sadly rare in these parts now .

I'm currently musing on how the wren manages to sing so loudly - I mean exactly what kind of Marshall amp is tucked under those feathers??

Comment

I'm currently musing on how the wren manages to sing so loudly - I mean exactly what kind of Marshall amp is tucked under those feathers??
                Probably attached to one of those minirigs, G.

I'm enjoying my stop-start relationship with the local skylarks right now; got to do with the stop-start weather, I assume.

A skylark singing above the Kinpurnie Hill, Angus, Scotland. The male skylarks arrive in early spring, ahead of the females, to establish their territory. Th...

Comment

Guy Davis

Since hearing him on Mark Coles a few weeks back, I've been really enjoying listening to bluesman Guy Davis. I notice he's on Paul Jones on Radio 2 this evening.

A very fine guitarist, I think.
                  Renaissance bluesman Guy Davis talks about getting into the blues, and performs "As Long As You Get It Done." From the DVD "Guitar Artistry of Guy Davis." Mo...

By the way, and completely unrelated, Mark E Smith is on Radcliffe and Maconie and has chosen to play the Mothers - 'Absolutely Free - Discorporate' - glorious!
                  Last edited by johncorrigan; 06-05-13, 14:03. Reason: he's only in it for the money!

Comment

Loudon is on Radcliffe's R2 Folk programme this evening...I reckon that's got the makings of a fun twosome.

Comment

Oddly, that Never Mind The Buzzcocks on the television was a World Music special:
                      The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

3 days left...usual formulaic stuff, you may prefer to trim your corns.

Comment

Today Jarvis played a one hour cassette that he found at his mum's of a John Peel programme from '77 - good to hear JP churning out the links in his inimitable style. A few nice tunes in there too including this one.
                        'Rest for the Weary', the original recording by the Gospelaires of Dayton, Ohio.There is no information on the long-play album from which I have taken this s...

Comment

Mark Coles had death in mind on a very fine edition of the Shed this week - #96 it would appear.
                          From the shed at the bottom of his garden, the award-winning BBC presenter Mark Coles (Today / The Strand) brings you his pick of the best new music releases from around the planet. A fair bit of lamenting loved ones now gone on this week's programme. The New Orleans group Hot 8 Brass Band delivers a life affirming album of songs inspired by dead band members, Patty Griffin sings about her late father, there's Indian classical violin - the sort of music my late father in law would have loved - and an Argentine/Gypsy tango fusion song for my dad too.

Comment

Hangin' out on BBC Alba this evening I heard this quite wonderful song about the seal by Julie Fowlis as part of a Gaelic programme about Hebridean wildlife.

Comment

Old Crow Medicine show in session on whispering Bob's show.

ought to be fun.
                              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

I am rather enjoying Elephant Revival.

No doubt hopelessly behind the curve as ever.

Is there a folk curve?

Comment

Working...
                                X