Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MickyD: My Internet radio has now stopped working on the BBC Radio 3 stream, so I suspect this is the big switchoff. The radio can receive DAB very well, so it's not a problem for me, and the foreign stations are still available.

Comment

The technical aspects of this defeat me, but I suppose, since I do not pay for the BBC, I have no cause for complaint. Sorrowfully it prevents my listening to Choral Evensong, which is just about my sole remaining connection to the U.K.. Other broadcasters are available, but it is going to make Wednesday afternoons a desert.

Comment

You can always listen to live BBC streams using an APP like that on android called RadioDroid.
        Listen to your favorite internet radio stations over your home stereo with this easy setup.

If ever a stream goes away or begins to bark I simply search again for BBC Radio 3 and pick the stream that works.
        On the same app you can also listen to the excellent YLE Klassinen station.

Comment

Originally posted by Forget It (U2079353) View Post
          You can always listen to live BBC streams using an APP like that on android called RadioDroid.
          Listen to your favorite internet radio stations over your home stereo with this easy setup.

If ever a stream goes away or begins to bark I simply search again for BBC Radio 3 and pick the stream that works.
          On the same app you can also listen to the excellent YLE Klassinen station.
          Thank you for trying, but I regret to say that was Greek to me. It seems to require a computer, but I do not understand how the signal then gets to my amplifier and thence to my loudspeakers. (Unless, and it is dawning on me, my present player can find those streams,) I expect a visit to Darty may be required, and the outlay of money.

Comment

Hi Alain
            The actual streams are listed here

but you need to program your receiver/device somehow to use them instead of the current ones

Comment

Thank you. I'm sure I know somebody who is clever enough to do this for me.
              I cannot help thinking that this is hardly maintaining the BBC's reputation for dissemination of the British view of culture or way of life. Perhaps that no longer matters to the British.

Comment

Originally posted by Beresford View Post
                MickyD: My Internet radio has now stopped working on the BBC Radio 3 stream, so I suspect this is the big switchoff. The radio can receive DAB very well, so it's not a problem for me, and the foreign stations are still available.
                Same here for me in southern France. It was revolutionary when the internet first came along and gave BBC radio to we listeners outside the UK; considering how technology has advanced, I find it ironic that the BBC has taken this backward step to alienate thousands of us. To make matters even worse, BBC TV channels are now no longer available on Freesat either. It's all very sad and I cannot think how it is going to advance the BBC's cause to be one of the world's leading broadcasters.

Comment

Originally posted by Forget It (U2079353) View Post
                  Hi Alain
                  The actual streams are listed here

but you need to program your receiver/device somehow to use them instead of the current ones
                  Note this list has one incorrect entry for R3 because the R3 stream listed under aacPlus/AAC stations has been abandoned in the last week. The other R3 entries are correct.

Comment

A bit late to the party, but this page has a useful lists of BBC radio streams (& extra information, see end of this post).
                    BBC Radio Streams. GitHub Gist: instantly share code, notes, and snippets.

The Radio 3 HLS ones seem to be working with VLC (checked from UK and, with a VPN, from "abroad")
                    http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live...dio_three.m3u8 (UK only)
                    http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live...dio_three.m3u8 (UK only)
                    http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live...dio_three.m3u8 (non-UK)

# The above streams are restricted to the UK. For the international stream when available,
                    # replace /uk/ with /nonuk/ and /sbr_med/ with /sbr_low/ or /sbr_vlow/.
                    # Different bitrates are available by replacing /sbr_med/ :
                    # /sbr_vlow/ = 48k /sbr_low/ = 96k
                    # UK only: /sbr_med/ = 128k /sbr_high/ = 320k

Comment

The RadioBrowser site mentioned above has an up to date list of streams for Radio 3 and pretty much anything else I listen to from the BBC and other broadcasters. They have a nice list of apps that can use this database for Android, iOS, Mac, Windows and Linux etc, plus Web players, a VLC plugin, and an Alexa skill.

Comment

Working...
                      X