Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programmes on line

Disappointed to see that the excellent reproductions of the programme used last year seem to have been discontinued on line? Any reason for this?

What, like this? http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms/whats-on/...rogramme-notes
    Text only for William Tell at the moment, so maybe these flash versions don't go up until before the concert, so people buy the hard copy. But now with technology people can read them in the hall!

Comment

Either I'm doing it wrong but it is rather annoying when you zoom in as you can't see the whole page in one go but have to hover the mouse to the bit you want. Difficult when you are following the libretto like last night. Not very user friendly, like the whole site really.

Comment

Originally posted by Thespian View Post
        Either I'm doing it wrong but it is rather annoying when you zoom in as you can't see the whole page in one go but have to hover the mouse to the bit you want. Difficult when you are following the libretto like last night. Not very user friendly, like the whole site really.
        At the bottom of the text pane, to the left of the Zoom button, is a Full Screen one. It works on my machine anyway.

If that presents as a(n illegible) double spread, click on one page and it will show one page at a time.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Doesn't work on my computer. I guess the hamsters fallen off it's wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Thespian View Post
            Doesn't work on my computer. I guess the hamsters fallen off it's wheel.
            That's a shame. The notes are packed with info on the first night.

I haven't found an infallible way of linking to the booklet itself (tonight's concert page under Discover the Music has a link to a 'programme note', but it is just that - a note on the work. The main link may be available later, I suppose.

But go to the programme page for the upcoming concert. In the location window which will have an address like http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms/whats-on/2011/july-17/5 add a forward slash and programme-notes .

Then click on the Zoom button, just beneath the booklet cover picture, click on the cover to bring it into focus, and turn the pages with the arrow to the right.

Still no luck?
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

I posted this as a question in the "How to Do" department, found below. You will see that I have devised an easy method for Macs using Safari. There is a useful Windows method posted there too.

Phil in Rochester NY, USA

Comment

Working...
              X