Martha

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Possible disruption from 2am, Friday 29th March

We have been advised by our host, Pair Networks that there may be a short maintenance outage of up to 15 minutes in the period between 2am and 6am on Friday.
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argerich is simply superb. Her playing is immediate and she throws caution to the wind which, with a technique like hers, she can do, and then perform!
    I find many other pianists bland in comparison to her and I feel for her as in many recent interviews she talks of the trauma and stress she encounters before concerts.
    A great artist!
    Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
    What a load of sour nonsense . OK she cancels from time to time - she is 70 years old and has recovered from cancer . Quite clearly despite her supreme talent she seems to have quite severe self-confidence issues judging by all the profiles I have read .

Anyone , who thinks she is in decline should go and listen to the Lugano Festival recordings of the past few years . The Chopin Concerto No 1 from 2010 is better than both her studio recordings to my ears and was raved about by AMcG this morning too .

I was lucky enough to see her at the 2009 Prom , unlike an earlier poster but like the audience that night I thought it was quite brilliant and I shall always remember it together with the Scarlatti encore.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie55 View Post
      Argerich is simply superb. Her playing is immediate and she throws caution to the wind which, with a technique like hers, she can do, and then perform!
      I find many other pianists bland in comparison to her and I feel for her as in many recent interviews she talks of the trauma and stress she encounters before concerts.
      A great artist!
      You tell 'em, Rosie

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        You tell 'em, Rosie
        No disagreements with Rosie!

Comment

Working...
        X