Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proms TV Coverage

Has anybody worked out all the tv coverage for this year? Which are live and what time they finish etc?

I'm going on holiday next week for 5 weeks and so need to programme them all in!

I missed the first night as it started recording at 9pm for some strange reason!

I'll post a screenshot of the main details. They show what's live but someone will need to work out how long each one lasts from the individual concert details.

Add:

Broadcast date to be confirmed

Prom 20 - Recorded for future broadcast
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

If you have Sky+, press "Series Link" and it will record them all for you.
      Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

That's what I tried on freeview as it has series function but that's the reason I missed prom 1!

Comment

If the first night is anything to go by, those concerts also broadcast on the BBC HD channel will be in surround sound.
          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Threni View Post
            Has anybody worked out all the tv coverage for this year? Which are live and what time they finish etc?

I'm going on holiday next week for 5 weeks and so need to programme them all in!

I missed the first night as it started recording at 9pm for some strange reason!
            If you were in Manchester, did you perhaps forget to allow for the time difference?

Comment

I do usually watch them live but I was at the Halle's performance of Die Walkure,

Comment

The tv proms are on BBC Four on Thursday and Friday nights until 15th August then on Friday and Sunday nights.
                BBC Two Proms are every Saturday at 9pm. A full list of the TV Proms - what they are and when they are on TV - is on the official Proms website. Enjoy!

Comment

Good morning, BBCjan - and welcome. Hope you'll keep looking in on us!

I'm not allowed to reveal, I suppose (without your permission), what your duties are at the BBC but it's good that you've found us. Perhaps some of the constructive comments here will get back to the relevant quarters
                  It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by Threni View Post
                    I'm going on holiday next week for 5 weeks
                    Lucky you! Where are you off to?
                    "...the isle is full of noises,
                    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by BBCjan View Post
                      The tv proms are on BBC Four on Thursday and Friday nights until 15th August then on Friday and Sunday nights.
                      BBC Two Proms are every Saturday at 9pm. A full list of the TV Proms - what they are and when they are on TV - is on the official Proms website. Enjoy!
                      Welcome, BBCjan. I think it's important to point out that the BBC Four Proms are not always live - they both were this week - but are sometimes recorded earlier in the week for delayed transmission. For example, I'm at the Verdi Requiem this evening, which is being recorded for tv broadcast on 21st August.
                      Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....

Comment

Originally posted by BBCjan View Post
                        BBC Two Proms are every Saturday at 9pm
                        I realise it's too late for anything to be changed, but it would have been nice if the BBC4 proms had also been broadcast on the HD channel as the BBC2 ones are.

I have last night's on my cable box, but haven't watched it yet, so I don't know if it's in 5.1 sound as was the first night.

Does anyone know if the Brian was recorded for TV? It would seem a shame to not have recorded a work with such forces, especially considering how rarely it is performed.
                        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stunsworth View Post
                          Does anyone know if the Brian was recorded for TV? It would seem a shame to not have recorded a work with such forces, especially considering how rarely it is performed.
                          I think I asked elsewhere and it was confirmed that there were no cameras. So unless anyone caught it on their mobile phone ...

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                            I think I asked elsewhere and it was confirmed that there were no cameras. So unless anyone caught it on their mobile phone ...
                            There are a couple of snippets on you tube

Unique footage of the closing minutes of Havergal Brian's 'Gothic' Symphony at the Proms 2011, plus a big chunk of the ovation that followed. Especially nice...

Wish I'd been there

Comment

Thanks EdgeleyRob - those clips are surprising good and vividly capture the experience of being in the audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X