Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 888

Thread: Murdoch: Ouf! Is this meltdown?

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On a Cyber Hill Gazing at You....
    Posts
    3,128

    Default

    aye....I cringe whenever Ed M stands up in the chamber....The Establishment is still utterly untouched....and a few boys and girls from the grammar schools and red brick uni's have drawn their formica chairs up to the top table....

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Indeed - thanks for the link.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    Here we go again, evidence threatened re Piers.
    Do we need to start a new thread because it's Mirror Group?
    http://onforb.es/nBbpyF

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Willesden Green, London NW2
    Posts
    19,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Globaltruth View Post
    Here we go again, evidence threatened re Piers.
    Do we need to start a new thread because it's Mirror Group?
    http://onforb.es/nBbpyF
    You betcha, Red Rider!:biggrin:

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amateur51 View Post
    You betcha, Red Rider!:biggrin:
    Hmm - maybe not, turns out these were unguarded comments made on that white-hot centre of deep investigative journalism, Desert Island Discs in 2009; hardly a smoking gun, but may well be spun as such.

    Still Trinity Mirror's share price down (not as much as NI's yet) which does tend to stimulate internal action...

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lord Howells' Barren Wasteland
    Posts
    7,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Globaltruth View Post
    Do we need to start a new thread because it's Mirror Group?
    The Mirror group's greatest scandal was (and probably always will be) the pension fund raid.

    Oh, but wait a minute - that's what governments have been doing to public service pensions for years and now complain there isn't enough money to pay... :erm:

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hereford
    Posts
    6,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
    The Mirror group's greatest scandal was (and probably always will be) the pension fund raid.

    Oh, but wait a minute - that's what governments have been doing to public service pensions for years and now complain there isn't enough money to pay... :erm:
    It is indeed, onloy not only to public service pensions but to plenty of other pensions as well.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,684

    Default

    e.g. mine! :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::steam::steam::steam ::steam::steam::steam:


    ..and no doubt many others ...
    "Audite et alteram partem"

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Willesden Green, London NW2
    Posts
    19,032

    Default

    The Guardian has put 14 questions to No 10 about the issue of Andy Coulson's vetting and No 10 has replied; both elements are contained in this article:

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/blog...tions#hackgate

    Does anyone else share my view that the questions are reasonable and important; and that the answers are patronising, obfuscatory and signs of deep funk? :sadface:

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    2,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amateur51 View Post
    Does anyone else share my view that the questions are reasonable and important; and that the answers are patronising, obfuscatory and signs of deep funk? :sadface:

    "Yes" to the first part, and "Did you really expect anything else?" to the second part.

    Or to put it another way, "Do ursine creatures defecate in sylvan areas?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •