Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cass Elliott. How apt. Was there ever a purer voice, representative of hope and an absence of cynicism, in popular music? I very much doubt it.

1968, Mama, Cass, London, Elliot, contracultura, the, mamas, papas, California, Ellen, Naomi, Cohen, música, rock, anos, 60, Dreamin, Monday, cantora, Folk, Rock, psicodélico, Sunshine, pop, 1970

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by Guest; 22-07-11, 13:15.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Who is, scotty? :erm:
      'Lance Price' ... 'Campbell's' ... 'freebies' ... 'soup' ... oh, never mind, amateur, best forgotten! ... :blush::doh:

Comment

....Karen Carpenter?
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Ha ha, Calum yes but no but yes but no. There was heartache in her voice. Here are the, erm, "runners and riders" for Stephenson's job and the betting from Ladbrokes. Don't you just love the way this country thinks it is Monte Carlo when it is only a penny arcade:

Sara Thornton 3-1
          Bernard Hogan-Howe 3-1
          Sir Hugh Orde 4-1
          Tim Godwin 5-1
          Cressida Dick 8-1
          Steve House 10-1
          Peter Fahy 10-1
          Sue Akers 12-1
          Stephen Otter 14-1
          Lynne Owens 14-1
          Mike Fuller 14-1
          Brian Paddick 100-1

Comment

I notice on the BBC's news front page, just above the James Murdoch article, one of the breaking news lines refers to record numbers in UK prisons.......

Comment

The BBC reports that 'John Yates, who resigned from his role as assistant commissioner of the Metropolitan Police on Monday, has issued High Court proceedings for libel against the London Evening Standard over aspects of its reporting of his conduct in the phone-hacking investigation'

Comment

Article in The Indy. Wondered how long it would be before the digging into Labour got deeper

Also, in reply to Lat above: The Metropolitan Police confirms that the former chief constable of Merseyside Police, Bernard Hogan-Howe, will take over as acting deputy commissioner of the Metropolitan Police from Monday.

Also, Tom Watson - what a little terrier he is! Mightily impressed by him.

Comment

Tom Watson - has asked Solicitors Regulatory Authority to investigate Harbottle and Lewis - and they have agreed there is sufficient cause for them to do so.

Last night Mr Watson then had a spat with Robert Peston, accusing him specifically of being a NI patsy as he released the news about the sacking of the ex-NOTW now Sun journo at exactly the same time as Myler/Krone rubbished James M's evidence. ?

Comment

Yes, I have been wondering about Robert Peston. He may be brilliant in his field but it has long been a mystery to me why someone who just wasn't born to be a broadcaster is one. I have always felt that there must be a reason!

Comment

......So in post 144 we asked are any links to the judiciary not relevant. And now here is the answer:

And we asked are any links with George Osborne not relevant. And now here is the answer to that one:

The Chancellor, George Osborne, flew to New York and had dinner with Rupert Murdoch two weeks before the media regulator was due to decide on whether to approve his takeover of BSkyB.
                      Last edited by Guest; 23-07-11, 08:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                        Yes, I have been wondering about Robert Peston. He may be brilliant in his field but it has long been a mystery to me why someone who just wasn't born to be a broadcaster is one. I have always felt that there must be a reason!
                        Hi Lat - here's the story from the New York Times which gives more info on the possible relationship between Pesto and NI

Boy George? Word on the cyber street is that he flew to NY for dinner with James M 2 weeks before bid decision.
                        I'm sure all discussions were 'appropriate' (and,sadly, that whoever was in power at the time would have been similarly seduced)

Comment

And we asked are any links with George Osborne not relevant. And now here is the answer to that one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-decision.html
                          That Telegraph quote refers (disingenuosly, in my view) to Cable's 'unguarded' comments about declaring war on Murdoch. And in another article, they report:

"The disclosure is the second revelation in extracts from a covertly recorded conversation between Mr Cable and two undercover reporters from this newspaper posing as Liberal Democrat supporters in his constituency. "

Is this what they call "blagging" - posing as someone else in order to obtain information which they couldn't get if they just said who they were and asked?
                          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

......So in post 144 we asked are any links to the judiciary not relevant. And now here is the answer:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-decision.html
                            Blimey, Lat! - you are GOOD! The news about Osborne is one thing, entirely unsurprising and maybe I'm just naive, but I find the Leveson connection shocking. Bravo to you & to the Torygraph for bringing these shockers to our attention! :ok:

Comment

It's called a covertly recorded conversation when you justify the action as legitimate undercover journalism, and blagging if you're a victim. Now it appears Piers Morgan has questions to answer, too.

Comment

well i think you could make a case that the two telegraph staff who had the conversation with Cable could be described as PERSONATING constituents, since this was not an election it may not be an offence, but that they lied there is no doubt .... and i think we should all write to the Leveson Inquiry urging them to consider this case ....
                                According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Working...
                                X