Murdoch: Ouf! Is this meltdown?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Possible disruption from 2am, Friday 29th March

We have been advised by our host, Pair Networks that there may be a short maintenance outage of up to 15 minutes in the period between 2am and 6am on Friday.
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good grief. Is this thread still chuntering on? I thought it had finally sunk without trace. :yawn:
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
      Good grief. Is this thread still chuntering on? I thought it had finally sunk without trace. :yawn:
      "For we have left undone what we ought to have done, and we have done what we ought not to have done" - from the Book of Common Prayer

Comment

If you please, Mr Pee, I started this topic because I thought it worthy of discussion. It still is, in my view, since it's a live topic in the news. Still <ahem>
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

In the shops now - 'The collected words & wisdom of Mr Pee'; a slim volume (a very slim volume) but worth buying if you have trouble sleeping.

I'm grateful to Am51 for continuing to draw my attention to developments. :ok:

Comment

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
            In the shops now - 'The collected words & wisdom of Mr Pee'; a slim volume (a very slim volume)
            Might just get it - should help keep me warm tucked up during those cold winter nights :biggrin:

Comment

A blank page pretty much describes me before about ten in the morning, Bryn, so thanks but won't be needing any others!

Comment

This is still very much a live topic.

The next meeting of the Culture Media & Sport committee is scheduled for Sept 6., so media interest will be ramping up around then.

It is possible young Murdoch will be recalled along with Crone, Myler, Cloke and Chapman who have given conflicting responses to J.Murdoch's original comments.

In parallel developments Mulcaire has been legally obliged to provide details of who asked him to hack in the first place to Steve Coogan's lawyers - this information currently not publicly released; the police enquiry is still continuing too.

A summary of what the committee are up to here:

http://www.parliament.uk/business/co...orrespondence/

Comment

Wossa matter, old Pee? Tired of seeing your heroes getting caught out?

Comment

Looks ideal for Mr Pee, Bryn :ok: - description says it 'can be used with crayons, watercolor markers, colored pencils, pens or standard pencils' - he'll be busy for hours :biggrin:

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
                      This is still very much a live topic.

The next meeting of the Culture Media & Sport committee is scheduled for Sept 6., so media interest will be ramping up around then.

It is possible young Murdoch will be recalled along with Crone, Myler, Cloke and Chapman who have given conflicting responses to J.Murdoch's original comments.

In parallel developments Mulcaire has been legally obliged to provide details of who asked him to hack in the first place to Steve Coogan's lawyers - this information currently not publicly released; the police enquiry is still continuing too.

A summary of what the committee are up to here:

http://www.parliament.uk/business/co...orrespondence/
                      Excellent update & aide memoire, Globaltruth :ok: - many thanks!

Comment

See what you've started, Mr Pee ... ? :erm::winkeye:

Comment

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
                          See what you've started, Mr Pee ... ? :erm::winkeye:
                          Damn. My fault. One should always let sleeping Grauniad readers lie. That's "lie" as in sleep. Perish the thought that their beloved bible is ever guilty of falsehood or underhand tactics. Or even- can you believe- some sort of political agenda. :doh:
                          Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                            "For we have left undone what we ought to have done, and we have done what we ought not to have done" - from the Book of Common Prayer
                            Fresh scenes peopled by fresh actors hold the public eye, and, in the quick passage of events, the lustre of bygone deeds soon gets blurred. People forget. But when the deeds are such as to bring a thrill of national pride; when they set up an all but unique standard of valour for future generations to live up to, it is best not to forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney Grew View Post
                              Fresh scenes peopled by fresh actors hold the public eye, and, in the quick passage of events, the lustre of bygone deeds soon gets blurred. People forget. But when the deeds are such as to bring a thrill of national pride; when they set up an all but unique standard of valour for future generations to live up to, it is best not to forget.
                              I see ... I think.

Well, in the admittedly tiny context of this forum, August 29, 2011 will certainly live in my own memory due to a pair of quite newsworthy events.

Whilst I could never honestly describe that day as either thrilling or one of particular national pride, to witness one valued member quoting from the Book of Common Prayer and another grandly announcing that he would be publicly reading from the Bible, one is forced to concede that things quite extraordinary and wholly unexpected took place on that remarkable day. However, it was duly noted that it was also a Bank Holiday in August ...

And, as for any thrills, we have a hopefully memorable Bruckner 8 to look forward to this evening, Mr Grew.
                              :smiley:
                              Last edited by Guest; 30-08-11, 06:41. Reason: Unexpected and extraordinary font ...

Comment

Working...
                              X