X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
    Paul Dacre senses hypocrisy - lawdy! :yikes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...il-editor.html
    Building on Mr Dacre's recent observations re Press regulation, his Daily Mail ( and the Daily Mirror) is facing contempt of court charges in the Levi Bellfield case :doh::steam:

Attorney general says prejudicial reporting of Levi Bellfield's conviction meant further charge could not be considered. By John Plunkett

Dacre is the Charman (sic) of the Press Complaints Commission's Editors’ Code of Practice Committee - and a big fan of self-regulation of the Press :grr:

Comment

NI lawyer says he knew its 'rogue reporter' defence was wrong

Farrer & Co partner tells MPs he was aware company had misled parliament but did not act because of client confidentiality

Farrer & Co partner tells MPs he was aware company had misled parliament but did not act because of client confidentiality. By James Robinson

Farrer & Co acted for NI subsidiary News Group Newspapers, which published the News of the World, in the numerous legal cases being brought by hacking victims in the high court until last week, when it was replaced by rival firm Olswang.

Comment

James Murdoch's future under threat - News Corp shareholders lodge protest vote against James and Lachlan Murdoch following media company's annual meeting

News Corp shareholders lodge protest vote against James and Lachlan Murdoch following media company's annual meeting

Slowly but surely ...:ok::smiley:

Comment

10th November James Murdoch will appear before the Culture, Media and Sport Cttee at Portcullis House.

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
            10th November James Murdoch will appear before the Culture, Media and Sport Cttee at Portcullis House.
            Can I take Adam Werrity's seat? :whistle:

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              Slowly but surely ...:ok::smiley:
              Well, looking at the next generation of Murdochs, not only have James and Lachlan suffered a huge rebuff, there's also Elisabeth who declined nomination to the board.
              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

cor this looks a real gotcha
                According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                  the gen-u-wine articule, I'd say :ok:

Comment

happy bon fire night rupert and family, :devil:

:holly::snowball: up yours!

Comment

With James Murdoch due to make another appearance before MPs on Thursday, this latest revelation should keep things bubbling nicely ...

Murdoch gave loyal lieutenant Rebekah Brooks £1.7m pay-off, car and office

News International chairman may face questions in Commons over generous severance deal despite phone-hacking scandal

News International chairman may face questions in Commons over generous severance deal despite phone-hacking scandal

Comment

http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smile...ing-551226.gif

http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smile...ing-521943.gif

http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smile...ing-587674.gif
                        Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Well Sir, I think you are Theresa May and I claim my £3
                          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Another interesting development for Mr Pee to ignore ...

The News of the World (NoW) hired an ex-police officer early last year to carry out surveillance on two prominent lawyers representing victims of phone hacking, BBC Newsnight has learned.

The News of the World hired an ex-police officer in 2010 to carry out surveillance on two lawyers representing phone-hacking victims, the BBC learns.

... unless he's really stupid :biggrin:

Comment

Yep, detail in NEWSNIGHT tonight. Boy, would I not like to be James Murdoch when he next appears before the Select Committee on Thursday!! The guy is going to get slow roasted. What kind of endemically corrupt organisation is that family running? Makes the Corleones look like beginners, and what Orson Welles would have made out of them for 'Citizen Kane 2'

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                                Yep, detail in NEWSNIGHT tonight. Boy, would I not like to be James Murdoch when he next appears before the Select Committee on Thursday!! The guy is going to get slow roasted.
                                I doubt if he will turn up - however News Intl will have to ditch him as his name will be toxic in UK (tho many Tories will try to find some apology for the company's behaviour) - next on list is the Wail and the Sun both of which are starting to smell badly from similar behavour

Comment

Working...
                                X