Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
    Is it also some kind of excuse to break the law? Being unpleasant is one thing; breaking the law is, more often than not, quite another. Newscorp certainly has no monopoly on corrupt practice - of that there can indeed be no doubt - but the law is the law, even when on occasion it might also be an ass; wilful official turning of blind eyes and deaf ears to breaches of the law is hardly the mark of a democratic society in practice, is it?
    Maybe so, but it certainly is a brand leader. How can the Premier League and E&W Cricket Board allow themselves to be associated with such behaviour?

Oh it's the money, innit

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Maybe so, but it certainly is a brand leader. How can the Premier League and E&W Cricket Board allow themselves to be associated with such behaviour?

Oh it's the money, innit
      Not only that but also the fact that they would appear to have little viable alternative; Newscorp is, I think, only a "brand leader" in corrupt practice because it is as large as it is, so we're more aware of its corrupt practices because is is so big and those practices have been so well publicised, not least on account of suspected and actual breaches of law that they include.

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
        Not only that but also the fact that they would appear to have little viable alternative; Newscorp is, I think, only a "brand leader" in corrupt practice because it is as large as it is, so we're more aware of its corrupt practices because is is so big and those practices have been so well publicised, not least on account of suspected and actual breaches of law that they include.
        Let's give praise to top-class investigative journalism in the context of a free press too.

And we know what Murdoch thinks about Leveson, from "the humblest day of my life" to his recent secretly recorded rant to some of his threatened journalists. He'll be keen to answer the MPs' questions about that soon, I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
        X