Good place very near Albert Hall for small group of Proms goers to meet up?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Possible disruption from 2am, Friday 29th March

We have been advised by our host, Pair Networks that there may be a short maintenance outage of up to 15 minutes in the period between 2am and 6am on Friday.
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

This year I've managed to get a few people together to go to the Proms as a small group, and I've got their tickets. So, I was wondering where is a good place near the Albert Hall to meet up beforehand - as we're coming straight from work it will be a squeeze getting there on time (and no chance of meeting up on a prior date to hand out tickets; ft work, marriage, and ft student=no available time).

Any ideas? I've been a few times before and vaguely remember that there are steps up towards the building running up from Prince Consort Road, with a mezzanine bit on it which people sometimes wait on.

Just want it to be a meet-up point that is very close to the Albert Hall, not in other people's way, easy for us to find each other, and easy to explain where we're meeting!

Thanks.

Claire

The steps are OK, but depending on when you arrive there may be one or two queues of Prommers stretching up them along the balustrades. I'd suggest meeting at the base of the statue halfway-up, on the side away from the Hall. One place to avoid is the entrance to Albert Court - the residents get a bit sniffy about the great unwashed (i.e. everyone who doesn't live in Albert Court) invading their space.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipT View Post
      One place to avoid is the entrance to Albert Court - the residents get a bit sniffy about the great unwashed (i.e. everyone who doesn't live in Albert Court) invading their space.
      The residents get a bit sniffy about almost anything.

Comment

I wonder what the residents would think if they knew there was a Scouser in the queue on a regular basis!

Comment

They'd probably say, "Lord have mersey"

Comment

Beit Quad in Imperial College is perhaps a good place to meet up with your friends Claire: it's next door to the Albert Hall, and if you're waiting the beer is cheap and cheerful!

Comment

Wow, lots of helpful replies, brightened up my morning thank you all The pub sounds a good idea but think the statue has it this time as we'll be so pushed for time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Mersey View Post
                I wonder what the residents would think if they knew there was a Scouser in the queue on a regular basis!
                Surely Sir Simon is allowed to use the artists entrance ?

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                  Surely Sir Simon is allowed to use the artists entrance ?

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                    They'd probably say, "Lord have mersey"
                    Don't you mean: "Lord, have Mersey!"?

Comment

Originally posted by Lee McLernon View Post
                      Don't you mean: "Lord, have Mersey!"?
                      I guess so!

Comment

How about in the Albert Hall? I was going to sell my house and everything I had in the world but realised I would still be quite a lot short

(And who wants to live in London, anyway? )
                        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Near the main foyer? Btw I strongly reccomend a pub called The Goat. Very good food and drink too!In Kensington high Street.
                          Don’t cry for me
                          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                            [B]And who wants to live in London, anyway? )
                            As one who spent 25 years in your city, ff, London's just a bigger version of Bristol with half its rainfall.

Comment

I don't bother with The Goat, anymore. The food there used to be good, but now it's just another Taylor Walker pub, like the Gloucester Arms or the Hoop and Toy. And the Gloucester Arms is a lot nearer the RAH.

Comment

Working...
                              X