Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proms Plus Late: The Elgar Room

For those of you who enjoy jazz clubs and poetry readings, be sure not to miss the "Proms Plus Late" in the Elgar Room after Prom 21 next Saturday. I went tonight, and thought it provided a wonderfully intimate, relaxing atmosphere and a great opportunity to meet new people and make friends I'd otherwise have missed. The poetry was thought-provoking and real cut above the usual stuff you hear in an ordinary club, and although I'm certainly no jazz connoisseur, I enjoyed it very much. Perhaps even more surprising, I was quite impressed by what a good job Petroc Trelawny did as the host. You wouldn't expect it to be easy after such a long evening, but he made it look that way: natural, likable, and a complete pro. Credit where credit is due...kudos!

My only complaint would be that the live entertainment didn't last longer....at an hour, it seemed like it was over just as it was getting started. And although they say hunger stimulates the senses, it probably would have been more enjoyable if I hadn't gone without food all night. In fact, the maintenance crew almost had one heck of a clean-up job, as I almost fainted on my way up the stairs once I hit the Grand Tier. Thankfully, I only partially blacked out, stumbled, and caught myself on the banister before I took a proper headfirst tumble. Too much stimulating music, weak nerves, and an empty stomach definitely don't mix!

Oh well, I had fun anyway.
Working...
X