No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burning dog View Post
    we could always Pickett
    Or, to recontext an old saying, "if Roger Wright gets up your nose, pickett"

Comment

Woger knows we want more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbradio3/F2...thread=7766136

Comment

hi grippie hope all goes well for you
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Thanks for that bit of disinterring, grippie

And while we're there, read Trevor Cooper's message 3.

Miss ya, Trev!

Comment

i didn't know that the chancellor had any familiarity with oxy-acetylene welding kit ... i've always thought he looked like a member of the Kray family ....
            According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Keep trying the comments link in case it's just my cookies/cache. Strange thing is that the missing page has its url - there's just nothing there
              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

You can always email the programme, and I will ensure these messages get passed to the Radio 3 management.
                jazz.library@bbc.co.uk

Comment

>>>>'Once this goes through, it means that only one hour of Radio Three's five and a half hours of regular jazz broadcasting will be on before 11 at night.'>>> Byas O

and of course soon as OPERAL frum da MET is on ....jazzaroony gone gone gone....
                  bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                    >>>>'Once this goes through, it means that only one hour of Radio Three's five and a half hours of regular jazz broadcasting will be on before 11 at night.'>>> Byas O

and of course soon as OPERAL frum da MET is on ....jazzaroony gone gone gone....
                    It takes two to tangle

Comment

ooo'are it do that my lover....that's Argentinial Daaancin....
                      bong ching

Comment

Part of a concerted move to marginalise the non-classical music content, and I suspect, eventually move it to 'digital/online only'. I think the BBC Trust report (remember that) hinted at such.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG View Post
                          Part of a concerted move to marginalise the non-classical music content, and I suspect, eventually move it to 'digital/online only'. I think the BBC Trust report (remember that) hinted at such.
                          Well, there was a hint that a new digital station (sort of 3Xtra) would be looked on favourably for everything that wasn't classical - including drama. But it was also ruled out for any time in the near future.

Personally, I think that would be a bad idea anyway - unless it meant that there was going to be substantially more jazz, world and arts programming as compensation. But given the financial strictures I think more hours of broadcasting could produce poorer quality programmes.

In any case, they may be looking up ahead to the end of FM, in which case 'digital only' wouldn't be an issue; and probably, like 5 Live Sports Extra, only limited hours of air time.
                          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

yep i am a digitised entity in a cloud .... being marginalised is nowt new eh .... i despair of raising the issue it will merely yield the AUNT AUTOMATIC REPLY MACHINE

Comment

I think that R3's proposed idea was to shunt non-classical programmes onto an "DAB stream" at weekends in order to strengthen the "core classical proposition" as they describe it.

Comment

RW must have a pathological hatred of jazz. It's times like this that you wish Trevor Cooper was still around! Perhaps 'Jazz Library' will be able feature more adventurous/challenging musicians now they've been awarded the graveyard slot?

Comment

Working...
                                X