Mahler's 9th

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Possible disruption from 2am, Friday 29th March

We have been advised by our host, Pair Networks that there may be a short maintenance outage of up to 15 minutes in the period between 2am and 6am on Friday.
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mahler's 9th

Conductor - Roger Norrington
    Presenter - Charles Hazlewood

....I'll bet the comments will be worth reading for this one!

As a HIPPster himself, Hazlewood might turn out to be a sensible choice on this occasion. Let's wait and see.

Comment

Ah yes, he of the tight shirts, unbottoned just enought to show his chest hair. Mind you not so much of an abomination as that shirt Norrington was wearing in the pre-concert interview!

Comment

Originally posted by Herrmannesque View Post
        that shirt Norrington was wearing
        he's obviously a fan of Marilyn. I wonder what she thought of Mahler 9. boop-boop-de-boop. or words to that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
          he's obviously a fan of Marilyn. I wonder what she thought of Mahler 9. boop-boop-de-boop. or words to that effect.
          Maybe, but I somehow suspect that Mahler himself, had he been around to attend rehearsals for this particular performance of his Ninth Symphony, might well have fought shy of singing
          "I wanna be conducted by you
          By you and nobody else but you"...

Now, who's pawned me coat?...

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
            ...I'll bet the comments will be worth reading for this one!
            Well, as of this moment, on the BBC Proms' comment page on RN's Mahler 9, 11 comments in total, 8 pro, 3 against:

A powerful goodbye from Mahler and the chance to say farewell to Sir Roger Norrington in his final concerts as Principal Conductor of the Stuttgart Radio Symphony Orchestra.

Comment

Working...
            X