while I was loitering on youtube

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Possible disruption from 2am, Friday 29th March

We have been advised by our host, Pair Networks that there may be a short maintenance outage of up to 15 minutes in the period between 2am and 6am on Friday.
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

while I was loitering on youtube

After a brush with the jazzers I found myself looking for Blind Eddie Dunn's Gin Bottle Four, and in the process found this fine old bit of Cajun singing from Cleoma Falcon.

J'ai passé devant ta porte. (I walked past your door)J'ai crié "bye-bye" la belle.(I cried, "goodby, my beautiful girl."'Y a personne qu'à pas répondu (And n...

John,
    I hope you weren't wearing a hooded top over on yo'toob. Wasn't poor old Cleoma just wonderful.
    You'll have heard this classic before, I'm sure.
    ( First sent to me by one-time board correspondent, Captain Glassback ! **)
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

* And I think subsequently aired on civilised R3

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
      John,
      I hope you weren't wearing a hooded top over on yo'toob. Wasn't poor old Cleoma just wonderful.
      You'll have heard this classic before, I'm sure.
      ( First sent to me by one-time board correspondent, Captain Glassback ! **)
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

* And I think subsequently aired on civilised R3
      I think that fine tune turned up somewhere else too, Paul!

Hadn't made the connection - I'll assume the middle name threw me. What a great voice.
      ....and naw! these are the only hoodies hangin' about round these parts.

Anyway CDJ's link had led me to Blind Eddie Dunn who was Eddie Lang playing here with Lonnie Johnson ( who's also in the BEDGB4) - terrific stuff, I thought.
      Last edited by johncorrigan; 11-08-11, 08:49. Reason: forgot the BEDGB4 link!

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
        I think that fine tune turned up somewhere else too, Paul!

Hadn't made the connection - I'll assume the middle name threw me. What a great voice.
        ....and naw! these are the only hoodies hangin' about round these parts.

Anyway CDJ's link had led me to Blind Eddie Dunn who was Eddie Lang playing here with Lonnie Johnson ( who's also in the BEDGB4) - terrific stuff, I thought.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GGr-...eature=related

Only the other day I slipped in a batch of tracks by Lonnie Johnson onto my future son-in-law's iPod.

They have been enthusiastically received - without young S-i-L having a clue who he was listening to, or from what era.
        That says something to me about the need for exposure to a wider range of music...and that people with open ears tend to hear more.

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
          Only the other day I slipped in a batch of tracks by Lonnie Johnson onto my future son-in-law's iPod.

They have been enthusiastically received - without young S-i-L having a clue who he was listening to, or from what era.
          That says something to me about the need for exposure to a wider range of music...and that people with open ears tend to hear more.
          I showed my 19 year old some of the Human Planet prom the other evening, Global - he was amazed by Ayarkhaan mentioning some techno 'wizard' who makes sounds just like that, but not accompanied only by some khomuses and vocals - he was slightly overwhelmed; but even more so by Khusugtun who he said were the best 'Overtone Singers' he had heard - says I've been trying to stuff Mongolian music down his throat for ages.
          Here was a previous favourite from one of Charlie G's compilations.
          Okna Tsahan Zam - Edjin DuunI spent 11 years of my life in Mongolia and this song is linked with so many memories :) didnt find it in youtube yet so i though...

Comment

Back to Lonnie Johnson and here's Sonny Boy introducing him sometime in the early 60s. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8fyb...eature=related
            ....and while we're there here's a spot of Sonny Boy keeping it to himself!
            Last edited by johncorrigan; 11-08-11, 22:40. Reason: Just loitering in youtube!

Comment

You may want to loiter over here for a bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZS_N2ZtGxk

or here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZmNwikKU_w

or even
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcOEf3HZK3U - he's got a new album out y'know

Comment

That was very fine indeed Global - thank you kindly.....and during a down time I was listening to this rather fine bitta nonsense on the tube of ewes.

Comment

I've been listening to a spot of cha cha this afternoon.

Comment

....often wondered what became of Pan's People.

Comment

It was a close run thing, John, but parts of me still prefer the earlier incarnation.

I know, I know, those furs are extremely non-pc nowadays

Comment

they were polypropylene innit ...anyway i likes a nice bit of mime meself ...
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Lovely timing by that jazz drummer man
                          I thought, calum.
                          Who's the bloke in the polypropelene coat, any ideas ?

Comment

nah ....

you Worldies musta come across otis taylor here is one of my favourite tracks by him ...
                            According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Haven't heard Otis lateley calum, so thanks for the reminder - but he did the rounds some years back on Jones, Gillett and Kershaw programmes.

Comment

Working...
                              X