Hey JC, I know you're a Randy Newman fan,
    Check out this cover of Baltimore

Some guy tweeted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
      Hey JC, I know you're a Randy Newman fan,
      Check out this cover of Baltimore

Some guy tweeted it.
      Quality product there Global - loved it! By the way I also loved that Randy from '71 live that you sent a couple of weeks back, though it's interesting to hear and compare Randy live in London from last year - he just keeps rollin' along!

Comment

I see from my recent copy of Songlines that R Crumb has a new record on the go - McCamy's Melody Sheiks.
        Robert Crumb and McCamy's Melody Sheiks playing "It's a sin to tell a lie". New album "there's more pretty girls then one" available at Arhoolie records: h...

Comment

Well them Pips ain't exactly loitering - I saw this on a classic soul on the beeb compilation the other night. Glad has long been one of my favourite voices and this is pretty epic - and have a look at that audience.
          Gladys Knight performs Friendship Train for the whitest audience of all time. There's a version of this already up, but it's edited and doesn't contain the b...

Comment

Another day, another new social networking phenomenon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwx6rigoBzQ

A cracking cymbalom solo by the Romanian Costel Ursulet from 2007.

What is interesting is how I came across it, courtesy of Max Reinhardt, sometimes of this parish.

There is a new application called
            This is my jam
            - Max has an account on there, and, via Twitter, occasionally posts current favourites.
            This was a recent posting of his - worth sharing I thought.

Personally I'm not sure of the value of thisismyjam if it's to be used for YouTube content - why not just post the YouTube link?
            But maybe if you load content from other more arcane sources and can link them together (what we music-listening professionals call a playlist) it may have some value. May investigate further; may not.

But I recommend that cymbalom solo - wonderful to listen to a master at his peak. Thanks iMax.

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post

But I recommend that cymbalom solo - wonderful to listen to a master at his peak. Thanks iMax.
              Thanks Global - most enjoyable - great sound - the 'hammers' looked great in his hands.......and thanks for the update in the latest news from the twitterati - I just acquired a mobile phone - the kids I work with love it cos it's so old it still has something called snake on it - already a visit into their past is my future!

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                Thanks Global - most enjoyable - great sound - the 'hammers' looked great in his hands.......and thanks for the update in the latest news from the twitterati - I just acquired a mobile phone - the kids I work with love it cos it's so old it still has something called snake on it - already a visit into their past is my future!
                Yes, he makes those hammers fly most elegantly, would love to see them.

favourite quote on the tech topic is from David Hockney:

'the problem with high tech is that you always end up using scissors'

Comment

I was just hangin' out to see if there was anything from the new His Bobness - looks like he'sbeen listening to his Muddy back catalogue.
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                    I was just hangin' out to see if there was anything from the new His Bobness - looks like he'sbeen listening to his Muddy back catalogue.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8IBUNnmpec
                    Thanks John. I haven't had the opportunity yet to find the reviews which I will want to read in detail. I have merely spotted one headline that suggested the CD is good.

This track is impressive on a first hearing. It has a big sound. The production is to the fore as one would expect if his voice was faltering but he has produced far weaker vocals in other projects over the years. Here it sounds quite healthy, if layered.

And rather as on "Time Out of Mind", now astonishingly fifteen years old if my memory serves me well, the instrumentation might be up a few notches, but it doesn't sound cynically commercial.

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                      Thanks John. I haven't had the opportunity yet to find the reviews which I will want to read in detail. I have merely spotted one headline that suggested the CD is good.
                      Not out till next month Lat, but he's had a fine band for a while - good ole Bob, still doin' the business.....in my opinion.

Comment

A rather late performance by Lenny and the NY band in Shosta's 5th!! I miss the way LB handles the noprchestra, his style mof conducting.
                        Don’t cry for me
                        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                          I miss the way LB handles the noprchestra, his style mof conducting.
                          Me too Bbm!!!!!

Comment

I like to watch different Emcees and Show Host services on You Tube because when you were go on a show you got impressed after watch out the environment of this show and the arrangements of this show but you can't think about the organizers and planner of this show but i like to watch their services on You Tube.....

Comment

ahoy!

while loitering on youtube, i found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_zYWHX_E3o

Comment

All this Kershaw talk had me heading down to youtube for this old fave:
                                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X