while I was loitering on youtube

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Possible disruption from 2am, Friday 29th March

We have been advised by our host, Pair Networks that there may be a short maintenance outage of up to 15 minutes in the period between 2am and 6am on Friday.
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i remember you posted your old fave before jc - it's a cracker.... that one, and paul sherratt's fave utube, about someone phoning from a kiosk, to get his leather jacket back!

not to mention another psherratt pick, that horse doing ever decreasing circles.

Comment

Originally posted by handsomefortune View Post
      i remember you posted your old fave before jc - it's a cracker.... that one, and paul sherratt's fave utube, about someone phoning from a kiosk, to get his leather jacket back!

not to mention another psherratt pick, that horse doing ever decreasing circles.
      Well since I was over on YT, handsome I thought about this old AKP standard too - totally brilliant, I think - great storytelling.
      Steve Tilston at the Prince Alberts Bar. Victoria Rooms Bristol on the 4th of Feb 1993.

Comment

is martha tilston his daughter jc?

Comment

Given previously stated feelings on a Dorset arrangement, wholly unchanged, this is brought with exceptional magnanimity. However, it is one of the two stand out songs in a noted back catalogue. Enjoy it while hoping wealth is spent more wisely.

The Space Race Is Over appeared on Billy Bragg's 1996 album William Bloke. This song reminds me of those awe inspiring memories from my youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
            Given previously stated feelings on a Dorset arrangement, wholly unchanged, this is brought with exceptional magnanimity. However, it is one of the two stand out songs in a noted back catalogue. Enjoy it while hoping wealth is spent more wisely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_Yub...eature=related
            Thanks Lat - a fine song.

Comment

Here's the new Bob vid - neat song, a grower, though I can't quite see the relation to the story going on - those of a nervous disposition might want to look away.
              In 2012, Bob Dylan released his thirty-fifth studio album, "Tempest." Watch the official music video of 'Duquesne Whistle' now.http://smarturl.it/BD_YTP_BTS?...

Comment

ActUally I wasn't loitering honest. This is the closest you're going to get to a list from me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDaJW7bMpmA

I am iMpressed with his steely gaze, his natural modesty & manual dexterity but perhaps not so much his range.

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
                  ActUally I wasn't loitering honest. This is the closest you're going to get to a list from me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDaJW7bMpmA

I am iMpressed with his steely gaze, his natural modesty & manual dexterity but perhaps not so much his range.
                  Well I never - it's the robotic stare, the ratatat delivery -
                  This guy's a bit chummier.
                  This video is a tribute to the world's first known manualist, Cecil Dill. Cecil was famous for his rendition of "Let Me Call You Sweetheart." See Cecil here...

...wonder if there's any recordings of him during the BeBop era, Global.

Comment

Actually I heard this one from the Transatlantic Sessions on Radio Scotty tonight and thought it worth another few listens so headed for toob - Kate, Anna and Emmylou - no one does longing like them.
                    EMMYLOU HARRIS - «Going back to Harlan» [with Kate & Anna McGarrigle].wmv

Comment

You'll find Blind Willie Dunn's Gin Bottle Four on my site ( no visuals, tho') and only 2 tracks

look under "Jazz3"

P.S. sorry this is a very late response to the OP

Comment

Originally posted by clive heath View Post
                        You'll find Blind Willie Dunn's Gin Bottle Four on my site ( no visuals, tho') and only 2 tracks

look under "Jazz3"

P.S. sorry this is a very late response to the OP
                        Thanks Clive - I'm pretty sure the original OP came after Calum had posted the link to your site and I had such a lot of enjoyment especially WDGB4 and Lonnie Johnson - good to be reminded - I'll be heading back over again.

Comment

Courtesy of maxreinhardt:
                          Remembering Charlie Gillett (20 Feb 1942 - 17 March 2010)
                          Swan, Silvertones, at, Newport, 1959, sing, Sinnerman

Comment

Again, not loitering but looking for Barbara McNair whose version of "When in Rome" I heard way back when, maybe on one of Alan Dell's slots (didn't he have a theme tune "Five Flats Furnished" at one time?). I've got the CD from which it comes "The Livin' End" but the sound is poor and I'm hoping to find the LP. Anyway, long story?, I got hold of said LP from the BBC library all those years ago through my friend, Dave, then an ASM although he went on to write music for "The Long March of Everyman" and "The Hobbit" and then joined the Radiophonic Workshop. What was interesting about the LP was that one track was annotated in Biro " Not to be Broadcast"
                            you can hear the track here

This song is from the album "The Livin' End" (mono), featuring Ralph Carmichael and His Orchestra. It was written by Jack Segal and Bob Wells. Segal co-wro...

and her superb "..........Rome", here

Here's another song by Barbara McNair from her album "The Livin' End" (monophonic-1964). She is accompanied by the Ralph Carmichael Orchestra and gives a ja...

and one day I'll get the knack of the link through text, maybe.

Comment

Not Jazz, not Pop, just utterly timeless great music ( and a Hammond!)

Class tune.Yet another great track by Georgie Fame! Vocal cover of the King Pleasure version of James Moody's, Moodys Mood For Love.

poor transfer, I've got the LP and can do, will do, better.

Comment

Really enjoyed this Lomax recording remixed that Paul Jones played on his Gospel special the other night.

Comment

Working...
                                X