Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris, I thought your avatar wasyou.

S_A Well, you learn something about your friends all the time.

In my day we were all about 20 and very different from that. or thought we were.

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
      I would use social netwreok at the Proms but my phone is quite basic. I hope to upgrade though?!?!?!?
      At least I hope we won't get 4 years for this.

A slight diversion. What happened to the fountain and the floating dinosaur? I miss him!

Comment

Why don't those who may like to meet up wear a red carnation and carry a copy of The Times? Or, just stick a badge on which simply says "3 Forum" If you don't like the look of others wearing the badge just whip it off!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
          A slight diversion. What happened to the fountain and the floating dinosaur? I miss him!
          The fountain was removed ostensibly for environmental reasons (all that wasted water every time it was emptied!) but more probably because it was too much trouble. The dinosaur was female and known as Trixie (T-Rex-ie - geddit?) and was last heard of at home in Stratford nursing a slow puncture. I have no knowledge of her companions Aristophanes (the frog) and Placido (the flamingo).

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            carry a copy of The Times?
            Some of us are boycotting Murdoch products

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
              Why don't those who may like to meet up wear a red carnation
              Green carnations?

Oh dear, posting after three again...

Comment

Last edited by Bax-of-Delights; 18-08-11, 18:35.
                O Wort, du Wort, das mir Fehlt!

Comment

This is all rather reminiscent of Ernest Thesiger's description of the Battle of the Somme -- " My dear! The noise! and the people! "

Comment

Originally posted by Bax-of-Delights View Post
                    At the Bax prom I had a good peer at the first rows of the Arena from my vantage point in the Stalls just left of the stage, wondering if any fellow boarders were there.

Chap in the second row with a magnificent white beard and hair tied in a pony tail.
                    Fellow in left hand corner, slightly rotund with white shirt and tie seemed to be a regular, conversing with woman with glasses and a couple of others.
                    Very young fellow on the front row just by the area where the board between the arena and the orchestra stops and becomes a rope. Next to him on his right was a lady with glasses(?)
                    And?

P.S. You're not allowed to take glasses into the auditorium, so they must have been made of plastic.

Comment

Well, on Friday and Saturday, if you see a guy about six rows back leaning on a black brolly kick it to wake me up and introduce yourself.

Comment

The chap in the second row with the magnificent beard and the ponytail is probably the owner of the dinosaur, who has been banned from the Royal Albert Hall when they got rid of the fountain. Is nothing sacred?

Lots of people in the first few rows of the area know who I am by my nom de plume, but next time I shall I visit I will be wearing my badge from the Archers Meet in Düsseldorf (my other passion): I wear it with pride!

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                          I like it!

Would that I were to join you all, placed over the head, the pair of frilly pink smalls...
                          Forgive the digression please. A friend of mine was a barrow boy selling knickers in Bermondsey market (M&S rejects with labels removed). He says he always wore at least one pair on his head & called "Give us kiss ladies & they're yours..." etc.

He now does a few odd jobs for two large & seriously expensive hotels in the Cotswolds. His daughter runs them, he owns them. He points out that "a toff wiv a degree in marketing wouldn't fink of stickin' knickers on 'is 'ead..." Apologies for that

Comment

I have just copied the Banner Heading/Logo from the top of this page: The Radio 3 Forum/The independent forum for Radio 3 listeners and printed it on a piece of card. I am sure that French Frank will not mind. Tape a safety pin on the back and it makes a smart badge. You can now see me this weekend and it might help with undertaking a bit of proselytising.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Newman View Post
                              undertaking a bit of proselytising.
                              Don't worry Chris, they can't touch you for it!!!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X