Westminster introduces evening parking fees - will this affect next year?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westminster introduces evening parking fees - will this affect next year?

A week or two ago, Westminster City Council announced that it was scrapping its policy of not charging for parking on Sundays and in the evenings as of the end of this year. Not being a driver myself, I hadn't realised that its boundary was particularly close to the RAH, but apparently it is. So, with the threat of charges of up to £4 and more an hour for parking at metered spaces, will this affect Prommers? Some have already said that they may have to reconsider whether to buy season tickets for next year, because it simply won't be economically viable if they have to pay for 3 or 4 hours' parking in addition to the ticket price.

Some of us pay for three or four hours' parking already, which is why we operate a car-sharing scheme.

You can park in Hyde park. It's cheaper than City of Westminster, and it's free after 6.30 p.m. On Saturdays (after 1.30) and Sundays, park in Kensington and Chelsea.

Comment

From what I've seen of the proposal it only covers a few specified areas of the West End (initially). The park is cheaper, though by the time I get the there it doesn't make much odds, and parking on Prince Consort Road allows for a faster getaway afterwards. Particularly earlier this season getting out of Hyde Park could be a bit of a nightmare due to the closure of the top of Exhibition Road, this has probably eased now. Once you cross to the further side of Queensgate, and the side streets beyond, you're in Kensington and Chelsea, which has different rules again

Comment

Doesn't apply to the area around the Albert Hall.

Comment

That's comforting to know, thanks everyone. Obviously the Evening Standard didn't go into enough detail.

Comment

Originally posted by alywin View Post
            Obviously the Evening Standard didn't go into enough detail.
            What do you expect; it's a newspaper. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Comment

Working...
            X