Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do3 - The Light of Darkness [R]

Quote Originally Posted by Al R Gando View Post
    The BBC is no longer an unbiased player in the New Great Game - it sets the agenda in Information Wars, rather than reporting it. By 2015 I expect the BBC will have partnered with NATO in an official sense, and will be working in tandem as a War Partner. By then we'll be deeply enmeshed in the Iran War, of course.
    Then you and I have utterly different views about the nature of the BBC.

Did anyone else listen to this play and have any views about it?

The BBC is no longer an unbiased player in the New Great Game - it sets the agenda in Information Wars, rather than reporting it. By 2015 I expect the BBC will have partnered with NATO in an official sense, and will be working in tandem as a War Partner. By then we'll be deeply enmeshed in the Iran War, of course.
    Codswallop - am I allowed to say that?

This is the Arts and Ideas board, and a thread on drama: can we not turn it into another wrangle about the warmongering West, please? I'm sure there are other forums where like-minded people meet to say how terrible Britain and the USA are.

Al R Gando Guest

Quote Originally Posted by french frank View Post
    Codswallop - am I allowed to say that?
    You are indeed allowed! As long as I am allowed to disagree!

Over the past decade since the "sexed-up WMD" nonsense the reinvented BBC has moved from moral conscience to complicit apologist. And it's made lots of dosh doing so. Today's BBC is NATO's mouthpiece.

You really cannot expect to discuss a play about atrocities committed by one nation upon another, without a discussion of those issues and how they are presented in the media. Nor do I think the playwright would want those issues to go undiscussed.

You really cannot expect to discuss a play about atrocities committed by one nation upon another, without a discussion of those issues and how they are presented in the media. Nor do I think the playwright would want those issues to go undiscussed.
    Did you listen to the play? You don't seem to be commenting on it at all, only about how the BBC is NATO's mouthpiece and similar nonsense. If you think that, why are you even posting on a forum devoted to the discussion of one part of the BBC's output?

Al R Gando Guest

Quote Originally Posted by aeolium View Post
    Did you listen to the play?
    Ever been to Armenia?

Ever been to Armenia?
    What relevance is that? This is a thread about the play broadcast on R3 last Sunday. If you didn't listen to it, then I suggest you don't have anything to contribute to the discussion.

Wish the Listen Again was working

I think I was the only person who listened to it the first time it was on. Here's the meagre discussion. I agree that it might have been better as the subject of a documentary but, as far as I remember, and knowing little about the subject, I still found it an interesting drama.

Al R Gando Guest

Quote Originally Posted by aeolium View Post
    What relevance is that? This is a thread about the play broadcast on R3 last Sunday. If you didn't listen to it, then I suggest you don't have anything to contribute to the discussion.
    Temper-temper. No-one has anything to contribute - except YOU, of course??

You didn't answer my question. Been to Armenia much? Know or work with any Armenians?

Please stop disrupting the discussion, ARG. It's about a play and its dramatic qualities, not about the historical facts.