Can you get to the Proms?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Possible disruption from 2am, Friday 29th March

We have been advised by our host, Pair Networks that there may be a short maintenance outage of up to 15 minutes in the period between 2am and 6am on Friday.
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    Ariosto
    From reading cavatina's message 43 on the Prom 65 thread you will note that she holds a very particular perspective on sound balances. That said, I feel you will be very lucky to receive a reply to your post, as she has been disregarding many comments from others disagreeing with her pov, and not just me, for quite some time now.

Thanks for that S-A - I thought I should try and put her right as she is saying people on here have no qualifications or practical experience to be able to judge good or bad sound quality, whereas it's obvious that she has no clue whatsoever. The sound on FM radio has been bad for at least two years and probably three. Last year we had too much distorted bass which became unbearable.

The truth is that the BBC are now just a bunch of amateurs as far as many music recordings/live broadcasts are concerned. OK, they occasionally get it more or less right, but rarely with the big concerts where a lot of performers are involved.

And as I'm now a licence payer (which is more than she is!) for a few months at least, I demand better sound!!

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      Ariosto
      From reading cavatina's message 43 on the Prom 65 thread you will note that she holds a very particular perspective on sound balances. That said, I feel you will be very lucky to receive a reply to your post, as she has been disregarding many comments from others disagreeing with her pov, and not just me, for quite some time now.
      I bet she still reads these threads though.

I don't think we'll be missing any pearls of wisdom though if she doesn't respond. Good post Ariosto.

Comment

Working...
      X