Prom 74: Saturday 10th September at 7.30 p.m. (Last Night of the Proms)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Possible disruption from 2am, Friday 29th March

We have been advised by our host, Pair Networks that there may be a short maintenance outage of up to 15 minutes in the period between 2am and 6am on Friday.
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hardly think that Bartok's Suite from 'The Miraculous Mandarin' or indeed the Immolation Scene from 'Götterdämmerung' was dumming down on the LNOTP: and I enjoyed both works enormously in the hall. But then I loved both Parry and Elgar in all their pomp and circumstance, so I suppose there is no hope for me. For goodness sakes, this was the last concert in a very long (and marvellous) season: what is wrong if the prommers are allowed to let their collective hair down?

Comment

Originally posted by salymap View Post
      She would have thrown them back Chris
      Dear Lady
      You so regularly make my night!!!

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
        Dear Lady
        You so regularly make my night!!!
        Pennies from heaven

Er... sorry!

Comment

talking of audience participation, does anyone remember (with joy, or otherwise) that Bobby McFerrin prom from 2005 where he got the audience to sing the Gounod part of the Gounod/Bach Ave Maria (while he did the Bach part)?

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
            talking of audience participation, does anyone remember (with joy, or otherwise) that Bobby McFerrin prom from 2005 where he got the audience to sing the Gounod part of the Gounod/Bach Ave Maria (while he did the Bach part)?
            AND got the Vienna Phil to SING the Galop from the William Tell Overture as an encore...

Comment

I remember that Bobby McFerrin (but had forgotten about it until you said) I've got it recorded on the computer!

Comment

Working...
              X