Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PJH's PLJ look is because she drinks nothing else....because she is worth it....http://i1.goodness-direct.co.uk/d/642011b.jpg
    Last edited by eighthobstruction; 09-09-11, 04:52.
    bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
      PJH's PLJ look is because she drinks nothing else....because she is worth it....http://i1.goodness-direct.co.uk/d/642011b.jpg
      Personally I prefer it taken like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb3Cu_Xrt_g

here's the original...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAsFpBvVrLg

Comment

Oh yes ....click, click, click, click....
        bong ching

Comment

PLJ...PJH.....KB.....XTC....GT.......ST.....

What is this? An explosion at a Scrabble factory???
          Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
            PLJ...PJH.....KB.....XTC....GT.......ST.....

What is this? An explosion at a Scrabble factory???
            T&TLA's is all...

viz: Edsger W. Dijkstra wrote "Because no endeavour is respectable these days without a TLA ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
              T&TLA's is all...

viz: Edsger W. Dijkstra wrote "Because no endeavour is respectable these days without a TLA ..."
              Clearly this string needs a spot of TLC. By the way Global on the subject of Frank, yesterday morning I got a right good kick start to my brekkie when the R6 jock hit me with this old fave. ImaybetotallywrongbutI'ma..............
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Forgot how great it was......

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                Clearly this string needs a spot of TLC. By the way Global on the subject of Frank, yesterday morning I got a right good kick start to my brekkie when the R6 jock hit me with this old fave. ImaybetotallywrongbutI'ma..............
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Forgot how great it was......
                Why thanks.

yowser as the young ones and FZ himself do say.

That must be a grand total of er, what, about once he's been played on national radio this year...

I'm guessin you know about this one on Spot...
                http://open.spotify.com/album/4Chj9qILEXfTE4lVYyxTG8

You tend not to find Varese and The Four Deuces (or Tony Allen and Webern) rubbing shoulders too often which is a shame for all their fans.... only on that album and in This Quiet Corner. Unless anyone knows different?

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
                  Why thanks.

yowser as the young ones and FZ himself do say.
                  Best use of the xylophone anywhere in rock music, G?

Comment

I tend to think of this yowsering sensation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQr_oCmQGuw - but only because of seeing a version of the group at Charlton Park. That occasion proved several things:

1. Even Americans can loosely qualify as world music where an opportunity presents itself.
                    2. Two members of this forum can unwittingly be at the same "gig" even if only one then claims to have been one of the singers - with earrings - before becoming a llama in Cornwall.
                    3. I would after all have one live disco music moment in my life and contrary to general expectations thoroughly enjoy it.

Others might go for the Gyratory System - Yowser Yowser Yowser (Reboot) - but the Official Video is the sort of thing to leave me feeling distressed for a couple of weeks.
                    Last edited by Guest; 10-09-11, 02:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                      Others might go for the Gyratory System - Yowser Yowser Yowser (Reboot) - but the Official Video is the sort of thing to leave me feeling distressed for a couple of weeks.
                      Don't mind admitting to the gyratory movements lat, but I ain't admitting to any of the haircuts.

Anyway going back to the original topic, I may not wholeheartedly agree with his take but this guy has a very serious interpretation of the importance of Pyjamas H's winning record and that it did win.
                      Edward Vallance: PJ Harvey's prize-winning album skewers idyllic invocations of Englishness and exposes the brutal, violent reality
                      Last edited by johncorrigan; 10-09-11, 09:14. Reason: is it yowser or yousah?mmmm

Comment

A community for web designers and developers to discuss everything from HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, to Photoshop, SEO and more.

One learns something new every day

Comment

Yowser is a word most often used by the stalyagi.

But why?

Now off to look for appropriate lyrics...(this is a music board)

Comment

Thanks, that's two things! - and how to spell them!

Comment

"Yowsah yowsah yowsah" ?
                              It's one of THE great moments of ' That's What I Call 'World' Music '
                              And I'm not kidding.
                              Charlton Park 25th July 2008, ten thousand or more WOMAD Witnesses joined the Chic movement.
                              La mejor música de los 70's aquí en una presentación en vivo espero que les guste! esto si era música.

Comment

Ah yes, that's them. The new Chic. I can see why you chose the clip, Paul. It gets them professionally just as they were on the day. Better than all the amateur over the head recordings with iffy sound.

But to set the scene for others, it was the first day of the weekend. Baking hot. About teatime. I had gone there by train following a weekend at the Lulworth Bestival, which included a brilliant 81 year old Chuck Berry, among others, and a week of walks along the spectacular Jurassic coast path. On arrival, sat in a tent that was almost like a library in atmosphere to hear Peter Gabriel and Karl Wallinger discussing "Big Blue Ball" and then slightly irritably at the edge of another to hear people chattering over Toumani Diabate. I wish they wouldn't do that!

And then it was over to the outdoor stage for Chic. If anyone wants lessons on how essentially to open a festival that was one. For sheer audience exhilaration I doubt that I have witnessed anything like it. Everybody danced and - I thought it had gone out of fashion - grinned from ear to ear. That was the best ever Womad for me. That spirit remained right through Sharon Shannon, Ernest Ranglin and a whole host of brilliant others to Seun Kuti on the Sunday night by which time admittedly I was flagging. Those were the - very different - days.

Nile Rodgers can probably tell us something about world music. A key component has to be historical reference of significance for that surely is one definition of roots. He was a true innovator and I think that is highly relevant in considering what to include from the more commercial areas. It makes rational sense even if you have to work slightly harder to be convinced by it than by the maintaining of a tradition going back to the Middle Ages as is the case of the Diabate dynasty.

The article on PJH is interesting. Not all England songs though are from the village green. I tend to like them. The Waterboys' "Old England" and the Clash's "This is England" and "Something About England" spring to mind. The latter, one of my all time favourites, is a kindred spirit of "Let England Shake".

The Stilyagi are new to me and fascinating. I would like to hear about any music that emerged from that movement. Would Boris Grebenshchikov have been among their heroes? I have some stuff of his somewhere but it is very rock!
                                Last edited by Guest; 10-09-11, 14:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X