Janine Jansen's dress

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Possible disruption from 2am, Friday 29th March

We have been advised by our host, Pair Networks that there may be a short maintenance outage of up to 15 minutes in the period between 2am and 6am on Friday.
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janine Jansen's dress

According to Petroc Trelawny "Janine Jansen is wearing a black dress with a splendid orange underneath!" And she still played beautifully.

J

Originally posted by Blaven View Post
    According to Petroc Trelawny "Janine Jansen is wearing a black dress with a splendid orange underneath!" And she still played beautifully.

J
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

It was a lovely dyed silk gown: black on top, gradually shifting to around a foot-and a-half of brilliant orange toward the hem, with a contrasting orange breast panel that transitioned to black.

Off the cuff, could any of you explain that better than Trelawny did? I doubt it.

Comment

It was a splendid dress and drew favourable comment from all the gentlemen in our box

The orange hem gave a flame effect around her feet, there was a slight touch of Joan of Arc at the stake...
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

It certainly looked good, but I was struck by the thought that if you tapped her on a table top she would have divided into sections!

Comment

Originally posted by Blaven View Post
            According to Petroc Trelawny "Janine Jansen is wearing a black dress with a splendid orange underneath!"
            Just an orange? No bananas or Kiwi fruit? Very poor show....
            Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Wouldn't the juice have sqeezed out onto her legs....a strange carry on....hope it wasn't Israeli....Though the Jaffa orange is usually picked between November and March....The Palestinians obviously were first to cultivate the orange....

The prosperity of the orange industry brought increased European interest and involvement in the development of Jaffa. In 1902, a study of the growth of the orange industry by Zionist officials outlined the different Arab owners and their primary export markets as England, Turkey, Egypt and Austria-Hungary. While Arab cultivation methods were considered "primitive," an in-depth study of the financial expenditure involved reveals that they were ultimately more cost-efficient than the Zionist-European enterprises that followed them some two decades later.

Jaffa oranges became emblems of the Israeli state. A general decline in the importance of agriculture to the Israeli economy, extreme limits on available water resources, and the reliance on migrant laborers has reduced productivity. Overshadowed by manufacturing industries, such as diamonds and precision instruments, Israel nonetheless continues to export a large number of citrus fruits to Europe.

They are practically seedless though,and thick skins....making them particularly good for use under dresses....

NEWS EXTRA< NEWS EXTRA....It was a Jaffa, it was bowled by Phil Tufnel from the Pavilion End....taking out middle C....
              Last edited by eighthobstruction; 09-09-11, 05:51.
              bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                Wouldn't the juice have sqeezed out onto her legs....a strange carry on....hope it wasn't Israeli....Though the Jaffa orange is usually picked between November and March....The Palestinians obviously were first to cultivate the orange....
                My understanding is that Janine Jensen wore this dress in memory of Max Jaffa, who died twenty years ago.

Comment

NEWS EXTRA< NEWS EXTRA....It was a Jaffa, it was bowled by Phil Tufnel from the Pavilion End....taking out middle C....
                  bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
                    My understanding is that Janine Jensen wore this dress in memory of Max Jaffa, who died twenty years ago.
                    My understanding is that it was a loyal Dutch tribute to William of Orange.
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

I hear the timpani were involved in the Battle of the Bong....
                      bong ching

Comment

Browse and comment on Janine Jansen's photos on Myspace, a place where people come to connect, discover, and share.

Comment

One of the nicest orange squeezers I 've ever seen....
                          bong ching

Comment

I understand Led Zeppelin are going to visit the lyrics of Squeeze my Lemon....to make them more universally Citrus friendly....Political Correctness gone MAD
                            bong ching

Comment

It's not as easy as you might think when you're that talented and beautiful. Everybody just wants a segment of you, and you're never sure who's serious, or who's just taking the pith. And there are unscrupulous types who'll squeeze you for every last drop.

Having said all that, If Ms. Jansen needs squeezing, I'll be first in the queue.
                              Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X