No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our thousandth member!

Special welcome to Pearce - our 1000th member
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Originally posted by french frank View Post
    Special welcome to Pearce - our 1000th member
    You should put this in a separate thread to give it more prominence.

Comment

Done!
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

... I am delighted to welcome a new member!

But why do we think "a thousand" is significant? Why are we so curiously in hock to a decimal system that we choose to give 'significance' to the figure of 'a thousand'? - I am sure our 999th member was - and our 1001st member will be - just as 'significant' - and just as welcome ! .

Comment

It's like milestones, isn't it? You have one at 10 miles, but not at 9 miles 1600 yards. Of course, every member is loved and cherished

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
            It's like milestones, isn't it? You have one at 10 miles, but not at 9 miles 1600 yards. Of course, every member is loved and cherished
            Just to put a downer on matters: how many members are currently active (i.e. have posted in 2012)?

Comment

Originally posted by Panjandrum View Post
              Just to put a downer on matters: how many members are currently active (i.e. have posted in 2012)?
              Dear me! Bah! Humbug!

Let's celebrate the good!

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                Dear me! Bah! Humbug!

Let's celebrate the good!
                Particularly as we seem to have acquired 4 or 5 new members today.

Comment

Originally posted by Panjandrum View Post
                  254 have actually posted this month, but 345 have been 'active' - that is, they have logged in since Jan 1st. I'm pleased with that

Comment

Well done ff. 4 or 5 newbies since I looked yesterday. May it long remain a [largely] peaceful and friendly place to be.

When did Barber olli [sp] become a guest though?

Comment

He resigned before Christmas. I assume he had an 'issue' but I'm not sure I discovered what it was.

Comment

Good to see we have reached our 1000th member!! Long live FoR£ and Pearce!! Congratulations!!
                        Don’t cry for me
                        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Well done FF and all who make this forum what it is .We should party

Comment

'Pip! 'Ray! 'Pip!! 'Ray!! 'Pip!!! 'Ray!!!

Brava frenchie!

Comment

"Well, at least I'm that much wiser;
                              God, what a boring moraliser!"
                              (Peer Gynt)

I guess, Vinteuil, you won't bother celebrating your 100th birthday then...

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                              ... I am delighted to welcome a new member!

But why do we think "a thousand" is significant? Why are we so curiously in hock to a decimal system that we choose to give 'significance' to the figure of 'a thousand'? - I am sure our 999th member was - and our 1001st member will be - just as 'significant' - and just as welcome ! .

Comment

Working...
                              X