Thread: Favorites of Twenty-First Century - 13th Year (actual)

Hybrid View

Default Favorites of Twenty-First Century - 13th Year (actual)

Looking forward to seeing these guys at Gateshead. I do not yet have this disc, but will almost certainly buy it there. It certainly has a good review in February Jazzwise.

OG

OG

Lucky you! I still esteem the day back in '89 when I took a chance on a used CD by a tenor man who I learned hadn't even picked up a sax until he was 19 (exclm mark)... Upon discovering Trane, of course (exclm mark)

In particular the side...er...track: Romantic Conversations (Between a Dancer And A Drum) - (23:25").

An African village prologue cuts away at 4:30" ... and ...and

pianist Dave Buxton and friends lay down a groove alongside Andy that just never quits 'til end.

Quote Originally Posted by charles t View Post
    OG

Lucky you! I still esteem the day back in '89 when I took a chance on a used CD by a tenor man who I learned hadn't even picked up a sax until he was 19 (exclm mark)... Upon discovering Trane, of course (exclm mark)

In particular the side...er...track: Romantic Conversations (Between a Dancer And A Drum) - (23:25").

An African village prologue cuts away at 4:30" ... and ...and

pianist Dave Buxton and friends lay down a groove alongside Andy that just never quits 'til end.

This was the album I used to introduce a 15-year old work experience to jazz. Hope she's still listening!

I have quite a lot of Andy Sheppard's stuff on CD, but am not familiar with this one.

A quick look on Amazon helps...

The page also helpfully offers a sponsored link to:
    Dating For Older People - Senior dating for the Over 50s Senior dating and friendship www.seniordatingonline.co.uk/

How thoughtful!!

I guess you can kind of see the logic!

OG

Heard Trio Libero at Cheltenham last year and they were one of the best things I have heard Sheppard do. Highly recommend the live gig at Gateshead...