Favorites of Twenty-First Century - 13th Year (actual)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorites of Twenty-First Century - 13th Year (actual)

Looking forward to seeing these guys at Gateshead. I do not yet have this disc, but will almost certainly buy it there. It certainly has a good review in February Jazzwise.

OG

Comment

OG

Lucky you! I still esteem the day back in '89 when I took a chance on a used CD by a tenor man who I learned hadn't even picked up a sax until he was 19 (exclm mark)... Upon discovering Trane, of course (exclm mark)

In particular the side...er...track: Romantic Conversations (Between a Dancer And A Drum) - (23:25").

An African village prologue cuts away at 4:30" ... and ...and

pianist Dave Buxton and friends lay down a groove alongside Andy that just never quits 'til end.

Comment

Originally posted by charles t View Post
        OG

Lucky you! I still esteem the day back in '89 when I took a chance on a used CD by a tenor man who I learned hadn't even picked up a sax until he was 19 (exclm mark)... Upon discovering Trane, of course (exclm mark)

In particular the side...er...track: Romantic Conversations (Between a Dancer And A Drum) - (23:25").

An African village prologue cuts away at 4:30" ... and ...and

pianist Dave Buxton and friends lay down a groove alongside Andy that just never quits 'til end.

This was the album I used to introduce a 15-year old work experience to jazz. Hope she's still listening!

Comment

I have quite a lot of Andy Sheppard's stuff on CD, but am not familiar with this one.

A quick look on Amazon helps...

The page also helpfully offers a sponsored link to:
          Dating For Older People - Senior dating for the Over 50s Senior dating and friendship www.seniordatingonline.co.uk/

How thoughtful!!

I guess you can kind of see the logic!

OG

Comment

Heard Trio Libero at Cheltenham last year and they were one of the best things I have heard Sheppard do. Highly recommend the live gig at Gateshead...

Comment

Good stuff but what does

"13th Year (actual)" mean ?

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                Good stuff but what does

"13th Year (actual)" mean ?
                I think it refers to releases to be made next year. As every schoolboy knows, the 21st century began on January 1st 2001. Zero, as an independent numerical symbol, was not available when the supposedly JC based calender began.

Comment

Odean Pope's criminally overlooked 2009 album 'Odean's List':-
                  Odean Pope: Odean Pope: Odean's List album review by Dan Bilawsky, published on May 17, 2010. Find thousands jazz reviews at All About Jazz!

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                    I think it refers to releases to be made next year. As every schoolboy knows, the 21st century began on January 1st 2001. Zero, as an independent numerical symbol, was not available when the supposedly JC based calender began.
                    I was hoping that it wasn't that pedantic !

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                      I was hoping that it wasn't that pedantic !

Comment

review of trio libero and it is currently available from the big river and others ...

good innit
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzrook View Post
                          Odean Pope's criminally overlooked 2009 album 'Odean's List':-
                          www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=36533
                          That is a truly great record.

Comment

Whilst not denying the accuracy of this statement, it does mean that 1990 was in the '80s, 1980 was in the '70s. and 1970 was in the '60s (which some say it was anyway).

Comment

"The reason why the numbering was proposed to start from 1 instead of 0 was because the mediƦval Europeans had not yet received the concept of zero from the Indians. These days, of course, the concept of zero is widespread. So widespread, that the idea of numbering the years from 1 is getting to seem less and less natural..."

Dot, not Feather.
                              Last edited by charles t; 02-03-12, 21:05.

Comment

Working...
                              X