Peel honoured at the BBC?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Possible disruption from 2am, Friday 29th March

We have been advised by our host, Pair Networks that there may be a short maintenance outage of up to 15 minutes in the period between 2am and 6am on Friday.
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
    Are you always this "intelligent" or do you save it up for special occasions ??
    Mr G, If you disagree with me then I must be right.

BTW, people are allowed to have their own opinions you know. It's very poor manners to have a hissy-fit and shake your pram whenever someone expresses a different view to yours.

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    "disc-jokey"
    What?

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
    and anyway Parry, he's got a hall, already.
    and John Peel's got a stage at Glastonbury already.
    Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

Are you always this "intelligent" or do you save it up for special occasions ??
      I think a more appropriate response might be that the wing is to provide the new home for Radio 1. Though some might then respond to that observation, What an insult! what hypocrisy! what a salve for guilty consciences! god, how angry that makes me! BBC, hang your heads in shame!
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

>>and John Peel's got a stage at Glastonbury already

But that's only for a few days a year. Imo, we licence payers should be invited to suggest names all parts of the new construction.
        ' The Angela Rippon Bathroom Mirror ' for example.

Comment

>>Just plain wrong and badly informed

Sometimes described as ' a lie ' , Global.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
            Mr G, If you disagree with me then I must be right.

BTW, people are allowed to have their own opinions you know. It's very poor manners to have a hissy-fit and shake your pram whenever someone expresses a different view to yours.
            I wasn't being rude about someone who many of us have huge respect for and who tragically died far to soon.

Comment

John Peel inspired generations of musicians and music lovers.(and did it with enormous grace and a self depracation).
              That is "talent" enough.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                John Peel inspired generations of musicians and music lovers.(and did it with enormous grace and a self depracation).
                That is "talent" enough.
                Absolutely

Comment

I wasn't being rude about someone who many of us have huge respect for and who tragically died far to soon.
                  I agree. John Peel was special. Even I, an outsider to his kind of music, was very sad when he died and still remember him.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                    Imo, we licence payers should be invited to suggest names all parts of the new construction.
                    ' The Angela Rippon Bathroom Mirror ' for example.
                    Indeed. Beware what you ask for
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

I certainly did not mean to be rude about him and I apologise for any offence caused. Indeed, I was sad when he died so early even though I did not share his taste in music.

However, I think that he would be embarrassed by the 'deification' that he has received since his death and would share my view that those who make music and records should get more acclaim than those who play records and talk about them.

Comment

However, I think that he would be embarrassed by the 'deification' that he has received since his death and would share my view that those who make music and records should get more acclaim than those who play records and talk about them.
                        No arguing with you there, Parry; but the renaming of the building is a fitting and justified tribute to a man who was so much more than a mere "Disc Jokey" () and whose commitment to those who make Music should be exemplary to the swarm of egomanic mediocrities who infest the current airwaves.
                        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

I certainly did not mean to be rude about him and I apologise for any offence caused. Indeed, I was sad when he died so early even though I did not share his taste in music.
                          Is that based on listening or assumption ?

Comment

Is that based on listening or assumption ?
                            Assumption, obviously. I'm surprised you asked.

Comment

Assumption, obviously. I'm surprised you asked.
                              I thought so
                              May I suggest the flappy things on the sides of your head to be used occasionally ?

Comment

is this Peel extension on the site of the old car showroom which in 50's and 60's was BBC designs dept ? (for those oldies this was the techie dept that did immediate development rather than the longer term stuff done by research away from the fray at Kingswood Warren

Comment

Working...
                                X