Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnb View Post
    Also, I think it is a nonsense that people start receiving the allowance from the age of 60. Surely it should begin when people reach (state) pensionable age.
    I agree. I am still working at 62 and am quite puzzled by the fact that I am entitled to a winter fuel allowance (which I do not claim) and free prescriptions (which I do claim as I believe they should be free for everyone).

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
      I agree. I am still working at 62 and am quite puzzled by the fact that I am entitled to a winter fuel allowance (which I do not claim) and free prescriptions (which I do claim as I believe they should be free for everyone).
      Rather than not claim the WFA you could donate it.

Comment

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
        Good idea. Thanks, Aeolium.

Comment

And add Gift Aid if you give it to a charity.

Comment

I donate it to my wine cellar!

Comment

Originally posted by johnb View Post
              I donate it to my wine cellar!
              how public spirited of you
              nice to see that the spirit of altruism is alive

Comment

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
                I suspect this whole argument depends on where our gut sympathies lie in the current economic climate, and therefore our priorities.
                Vince Cable says that he has a "Social Democratic outlook" and he assumes that "a few" of his Liberal Democrat colleagues share the same values.

How reliable is this assumption? I find it hard to tell.

Interviewed at the Guardian Open Weekend festival, business secretary Vince Cable discusses taxing rich people's wealth instead of their income

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                  Vince Cable says that he has a "Social Democratic outlook" and he assumes that "a few" of his Liberal Democrat colleagues share the same values.
                  I think I would have had a nervous breakdown by now, had I been Vince Cable. He seems so uneasy in his apparent support of extreme Tory policies.

Comment

Working...
                  X