Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 211 to 218 of 218

Thread: Osbornes budget

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lord Howells' Barren Wasteland
    Posts
    8,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Also, I think it is a nonsense that people start receiving the allowance from the age of 60. Surely it should begin when people reach (state) pensionable age.
    I agree. I am still working at 62 and am quite puzzled by the fact that I am entitled to a winter fuel allowance (which I do not claim) and free prescriptions (which I do claim as I believe they should be free for everyone).

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
    I agree. I am still working at 62 and am quite puzzled by the fact that I am entitled to a winter fuel allowance (which I do not claim) and free prescriptions (which I do claim as I believe they should be free for everyone).
    Rather than not claim the WFA you could donate it.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lord Howells' Barren Wasteland
    Posts
    8,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aeolium View Post
    Rather than not claim the WFA you could donate it.
    Good idea. Thanks, Aeolium.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aeolium View Post
    Rather than not claim the WFA you could donate it.
    And add Gift Aid if you give it to a charity.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aeolium View Post
    Rather than not claim the WFA you could donate it.
    I donate it to my wine cellar!

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    9,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    I donate it to my wine cellar!
    how public spirited of you
    nice to see that the spirit of altruism is alive

  7. #217
    Lateralthinking1 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottycelt View Post
    I suspect this whole argument depends on where our gut sympathies lie in the current economic climate, and therefore our priorities.
    Vince Cable says that he has a "Social Democratic outlook" and he assumes that "a few" of his Liberal Democrat colleagues share the same values.

    How reliable is this assumption? I find it hard to tell.

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ng-rich-people

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lord Howells' Barren Wasteland
    Posts
    8,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
    Vince Cable says that he has a "Social Democratic outlook" and he assumes that "a few" of his Liberal Democrat colleagues share the same values.
    I think I would have had a nervous breakdown by now, had I been Vince Cable. He seems so uneasy in his apparent support of extreme Tory policies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •