Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late Junction - Thursday 22 March

Having missed the (apparently very good) radio doc on Dudley Moore on Radio 2, Monday, and been left distinctly underwhelmed by the two tracks from Bristol band Get The Blessing on Jamie Calumny yesterday evening on 2, I thought I should draw attention to this programme on 3 tomorrow:

11.00 Late Junction
    In this month's Late Junction session, Fiona Talkington introduces a colaboration between jazz composer and trumpeter Rory Simmons and singer/songwriter Fyfe Dangerfield.

Rory is a very fine player from the Loop Collective staple of talented young musicians, whose playing might bring Dave Douglas to mind. I only came across Fyfe Dangerfield in the free sessions (in both senses of free) held in the QEH/Purcell foyer at last year's London Jazz Festival, where he played some very effective Keith Tippettish piano in a largish group of better-knowns (to me).

S-A

cor R2 is loud innit ... still up on iPlayer S_A such a sweet trio you have to love it eh ...

Late Junction tonite

er lissenin to the Dudley Moore prog must say it is excellent ....
    Last edited by aka Calum Da Jazbo; 22-03-12, 10:31.
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

excellent documentary moistened the ducts a tad ...

According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

[ .... ] will now be available as reruns of the muppets ...

Comment

Working...
        X