Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panorama and News International

For all the News International 'fans' (and I know from previous threads that they are legion on this site), I see that Uncle Rupert is threatening the BBC with legal action if next week's Panorama goes ahead:

This lawyer's letter has just been sent out to media organisations: Not for Publication Private and Confidential Dear Sirs BBC Panorama We act for News

Rupe appears to have been upset by the synopsis in the Radio Times:

“As Rupert Murdoch faces accusations of law-breaking and corruption at his British tabloid newspapers, Panorama reveals fresh hacking allegations at the heart of News Corporation’s pay-TV empire. The investigation examines the role of former senior police officers in recruiting people to break the law – in order to bring down Murdoch’s commercial rival.”

Although Panorama has been a pale shadow of its former self in recent years, this one might actually be worth watching (assuming the BBC don't acquiesce to Rupert's demands).
    "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
    Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

oooo er let us hope it is broadcast!
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

A worthwhile Panorama show ?
      Crikey.

Q to News International fans. That Rupe, DID he eat my guinea pig ?
      http://images.travelpod.com/users/mk...guinea-pig.jpg ( Sensitivity warning, image contains some vegetables )

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
        A worthwhile Panorama show ?
        Crikey.

Q to News International fans. That Rupe, DID he eat my guinea pig ?
        http://images.travelpod.com/users/mk...guinea-pig.jpg ( Sensitivity warning, image contains some vegetables )
        I doubt it - likely to be a damp squib, I imagine.

What is the relevance of the plate of Cuy, national dish of Ecuador? I rather enjoyed mine, when I was there....
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Caliban,
          It was just a thought. The super-evil ones might have been planning a diversionary tactic.

PS
          Pictures of our two cuy cuys were greeted by a smacking of lips when the OH showed them off while she
          was in Peru. Fortunately, like me, they hadn't travelled with her ..
          Last edited by Guest; 24-03-12, 10:12.

Comment

some recent panorama outings have been very worthwhile .... then again ....

According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Now that's a fine thing, Calum. Was it aired on The One Show ?

PS
              You might know this bloke, but I didn't until yesterday, a Brazilian 'Atahualpa' if you like : Jaime Caetano Braun

Comment

nope new to me Paul ... he looks like Joe Zawinul ...

the ToryGraf sez AUNT going ahead with broadcast

Comment

Working...
                X