Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CE The Old Royal Naval College Chapel, Greenwich 11th April 2012

I see from today's Church Times that Mr Tanner's job as DOM is being advertised- less than a year after he was appointed. He seems, on the basis of this broadcast, to have done a superb job at Greenwich/Trinity so far, so what's the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    I see from today's Church Times that Mr Tanner's job as DOM is being advertised- less than a year after he was appointed. He seems, on the basis of this broadcast, to have done a superb job at Greenwich/Trinity so far, so what's the story?
    He's going to Rugby see http://www.rugbyschool.net/new-direc...usic-appointed
    RAC

I thoroughly enjoyed this, overall. I thought it was a nicely balanced and well-paced service. The viols were a most interesting change, though I wouldn't want to hear them instead of the organ every week.

I think the last time Gibbons' second was on CE was from Ripon a couple of years ago, again with girls in the choir. Perhaps the younger voices at Ripon were more suited to it - but nonetheless this Chapel choir was very pleasing to hear, IMO. They made rather a good job of the psalms, didn't they?

I don't think the anthem will be picked up as a big hit around our cathedrals, but it was a pleasant enough piece.

bws to all,

S-S!

Quote Originally Posted by ardcarp View Post
    A very interesting and well-done CE. I do hope the choir was not too upset at having their big moment accompanied by 'goings on'.
    And ten months later, the 'goings on' appeared not to have been in vain, judging by the small harvest of technical BAFTAs awarded to Les Miserables evening, as well as one for supporting actress.