Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bridge - we shall cross in April

I can't get that excited about it to be honest. It lacks subtlety and finesse.
    each to his own

fro enthusiasts of scandi telly there is an interview with Sofie Grabol here
    ébloui par l'obscurité

Quote Originally Posted by DracoM View Post
    And as for the Asperges thing, how many TV soaps/ [plays/ let alone detective thriller series do you know which have come even close to taking on board the impact on self and those around sufferer of Asperges??
    Weirdest misspelling yet.

You must have been thinking of Asperges me, Domine, hyssopo et et mundabor; lavabis me, et super nivem dealbabor.

No thoughts on 3 and 4?

I admit to being hooked.................on this and the whole Nordic oeuvre.

I think male viewers at least are still feeling numbed by that kick, antongould. They really should have had a health warning before the programme

oh yes the kick!

Rohde and Noren are a magnificent pair of chracters and have a real chemistry because his flat acceptance of her is both true and wonderful writing and casting acting etc

the moment when Saga is talking with Hans about herself [he thinks] while she thinks she is profiling the perp was awesome
    ébloui par l'obscurité

Some VG moments. It's building.

Quote Originally Posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
    Rohde and Noren are a magnificent pair of chracters and have a real chemistry because his flat acceptance of her is both true and wonderful writing and casting acting etc

the moment when Saga is talking with Hans about herself [he thinks] while she thinks she is profiling the perp was awesome
    - superb writing and acting: simultaneously funny and scary.

I'm not sure if it's just me but I find that I need to rewatch last night's episodes just to get things clear in my head, in other words, I don't wish to lose the plot! But yes, Saga and Martin are indeed a wonderful double act, and I now find myself warming to her. I'm really enjoying it and all the sub-plots and, possibly, red herrings.

Quote Originally Posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
    That was brilliant and chilling. It reminded my of the wonderful moment in Minghella's film of "The Talented Mr Ripley" when the double reflections of Ripley's head in the polished piano lid seem to symbolise a split/double personality.

Are we supposed to think that Saga will be helped in the hunt by the fact that the perp has the same 'syndrome' as she does, so she can think herself inside his head...?

Quote Originally Posted by antongould View Post
    No thoughts on 3 and 4?
    I admit to being hooked.................on this and the whole Nordic oeuvre.
    I thought Ep 4 was particularly exciting (the morse code device re: the hostage rather good).

I'm hooked as well, anton - and for all sufferers, this doc aired in the early hours and produced by BBC News will be of interest:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...et_of_Success/
    "There is not much to see here," said I.
    "Nor to hear, miss," returned Mr Vholes. "A little music does occasionally stray in; but we are not musical in the law, and soon eject it."

Bleak House, Chapter 60

Yes Caliban Lady Gould is hooked and cannot wait for next week's episodes - being a lady of rare insight she terms it "The Killing with humour..." - I think the middle of the night phone "conversations" are superb!

Thanks for the link.
    Last edited by antongould; 29-04-12 at 16:35. Reason: various