Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Requiem Mass for John Birch will be at All Saints Church, Margaret Street, London W1W 8JG at 6.30pm on Tuesday 15th May 2012.

Comment

From the cathedral's own website (and another excellent picture):

Comment

Somewhat belatedly I wish to add my sadness at the passing of John Birch. I was a chorister at Chichester in the early 60s and that musical experience has lasted all my life. During this period there were what I think were a number of firsts - the choir sung for the Queen at the opening of the Chichester Festival Theatre and gave a concert in Chartres Cathedral following the twinning of Chichester and Chartres. The choir also took part in a televised carol service with choirs from across Europe under the Eurovision banner. As is reasonably common these days the choir gave a number of live broadcasts on BBC TV and Radio. I was the recipient of the JB glare (which would freeze molten metal) when I missed the solo entrance in Boyce's "O where shall wisdom be found" - thankfully this was a recording for the BBC World Service. A great man, to whom I owe much.

Comment

Working...
        X