Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iplayer: no sound for Radio 3 content broadcast from 12.00 on Sunday 6 May 2012

Default iplayer: no sound for Radio 3 content broadcast from 12.00 on Sunday 6 May 2012

.....from 37 minutes and 47 seconds into the iplayer recording of Paddy Ashdown's Private Passions to be precise. There was a click and Paddy was gone (and some might say that's what should happen to Clegg). And the rest of the Radio 3 content on the iplayer broadcast after that moment is silent. There is nothing. Nothing at all. Only a profound silence.

See my thread on The Tempest. Erm.....?? Wossup?

The iplayer helpdesk says it is an issue under investigation.

Never mind. I am enjoying the Janacek on Afternoon on 3 and Shostakovich s10 is coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoM View Post
    See my thread on The Tempest. Erm.....?? Wossup?
    Everything seems to be coming through atm (i.e. the time is clocking up) - except the sound.

Exactly. Weird. Something clearly thinks the sound is running.

Said it before an' I'll say it again...
    Sorry if this is from the realm of the bleedin' obvious, but the "R3 High" AAC Stream is, as usual, working perfectly through iTunes...

dot dot dot... sorry, it's working on the R3 homepage too... but the iPlayer listen again certainly isn't... most odd.
    Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 07-05-12 at 18:29.

Thanks for the info - it's not just me then.

Was just trying to listen to JLU from Sunday evening.

OG

Quote Originally Posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
    Said it before an' I'll say it again...
    Sorry if this is from the realm of the bleedin' obvious, but the "R3 High" AAC Stream is, as usual, working perfectly through iTunes...

dot dot dot... sorry, it's working on the R3 homepage too... but the iPlayer listen again certainly isn't... most odd.
    And it's not just the Listen Again HD Sound version. The Low Bandwidth option is also silent.

Everything from 16:30 yesterday seems now to be working fine in both HDS and Low Bandwidth. However, the programmes between noon on Sunday and 16:30 Monday remain unavailable. Let's hope they are pulling out the stops to get get them up and running a.s.a.p.

[Ah, the enchanted isle is now available.]
    Last edited by Bryn; 08-05-12 at 10:04. Reason: Update.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    Everything from 16:30 yesterday seems now to be working fine in both HDS and Low Bandwidth. However, the programmes between noon on Sunday and 16:30 Monday remain unavailable. Let's hope they are pulling out the stops to get get them up and running a.s.a.p.

[Ah, the enchanted isle is now available.]
    Just about to say that. The Tempest, of course, is already available for 7 days as a podcast.