This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flay View Post
    Yes, very dodgy today. Who wants the torture of an S???
    Well I think ferney put all the elements together, I rather fancy going for a cold beer in the garden before I embark on dinner (fish again, but I'm not sure whether it's increasing my brain power ........) That was, if I may say so Flay, a rather difficult round!

Comment

<<That was, if I may say so Flay, a rather difficult round!>> (I still can't do quotes)

Well it kept you all amused through the day while I suffered the internet madness.
      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Well I think ferney put all the elements together,
        Well, I was only showing how what you'd discovered could "fit" the answer: I had a great Primary School Headmaster who introduced us all to the Music of Mozart, Beethoven, Handel, Bach, Chopin and Tchaikovsky and who loved G&S - he got us all to learn "Titwillow" by heart. (I've always loved the "cold perspiration bespangled his brow"!)
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Well I think ferney put all the elements together, I rather fancy going for a cold beer in the garden before I embark on dinner (fish again, but I'm not sure whether it's increasing my brain power ........) That was, if I may say so Flay, a rather difficult round!
          You got scorching weather again, Anna?

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            You got scorching weather again, Anna?
            Not quite so hot as last few days, 23.8, but a lot more sultry, forecast slightly cooler and couple of showers Wednesday.
            Ferney, I'm off now, you go ahead with an S if you want to (now we know you are G&S proficient we shall watch out for possible references to them from you ......)

Comment

Ferney, I'm off now, you go ahead with an S if you want to (now we know you are G&S proficient we shall watch out for possible references to them from you ......)
              Well, that's biggered up the "Which S connects Beefeaters, Gondoliers and Fairies" I was working on, hasn't it!

Comment

Not quite so hot as last few days, 23.8, but a lot more sultry, forecast slightly cooler and couple of showers Wednesday.
                Not a fan, but have sung 'With cat-like Tread' with the choir! That should sort out any down-at-heart tom tit!

Comment

Sounds like Verdi's scooters lead us to the origins of the composer of Lohengrin and a bell-ringing poet? Which S?

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                    Sounds like Verdi's scooters lead us to the origins of the composer of Lohengrin and a bell-ringing poet? Which S?
                    Allora.... Siamo in Sicilia, no??

Giuseppe's Palermitan Piaggios aka Verdi's Sicilian Vespers... (good job I said it out loud to myself)

This cove from Palermo wrote an opera called Lohengrin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvatore_Sciarrino

Still working on the third.
                    "...the isle is full of noises,
                    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                      Allora.... Siamo in Sicilia, no??

Giuseppe's Palermitan Piaggios aka Verdi's Sicilian Vespers... (good job I said it out loud to myself)

This cove from Palermo wrote an opera called Lohengrin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvatore_Sciarrino

Still working on the third.

... the awaits the poet. (Same first name as Sciarrino, if it helps )

Comment

... the awaits the poet. (Same first name as Sciarrino, if it helps )

Who's that hunchback over there?

I dunno but his face rings a bell...

Sicilian poet. Pass me that cracker, ferns ...

Comment

for Mr Caliban!

With coleslaw:

S for Sicily;
                          Verdi's Sicilian Vespas;
                          Birthplace of Salvatores Sciarrino and Quasimodo.

T at Cali's.

Comment

T at Cali's.
                            ... to link Ippolito with Hans Christian and the Gare Saint-Lazare.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                              ... to link Ippolito with Hans Christian and the Gare Saint-Lazare.
                              Turner

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie
                                Quasimodo (in the pub after a hard days work):Whisky please barman.

Barman: Bell's OK

Quasimodo: You stick to your job, and I'll do mine.

T, vicar?

Comment

Working...
                                X