This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    I think my "not bad" hardly equates to 'passion'.
    But still:
    No, do not tempt me to comment on that!

Comment

This thread has really gone down hill over the last day or so.....

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
        This thread has really gone down hill over the last day or so.....
        Was that since you joined? We always, when awaiting a new puzzle, have some inconsequential repartee.

Comment

When I went to spend the weekend with a school friend, her mother asked my favourite tea at breakfast. When I said PG Tips, which I drank at home, she shuddered and went on about 'builder's tea', dreadful taste etc and served something called Broken Orange Pekeo ??? The weekend when downhill from there.

Comment

Are we still waiting for the final answer? I think Ravi Shankar wrote a piece called 'Spirit of India' as a theme for the film 'Gandhi'.

Comment

Originally posted by salymap View Post
              When I went to spend the weekend with a school friend, her mother asked my favourite tea at breakfast. When I said PG Tips, which I drank at home, she shuddered and went on about 'builder's tea', dreadful taste etc and served something called Broken Orange Pekeo ??? The weekend when downhill from there.

Have you noticed, 'shudder' was Anna's word too. Vinteuil's equivalent is 'wince'... The verbs of the fastidious!
              Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 01-06-12, 17:28.
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Are you still at school? It's mostly adults in here. If you stay, we'll need CRB checks.

Comment

Broken Orange Pekeo ???

never heard of it

Comment

Originally posted by Northender View Post
                    Are we still waiting for the final answer? I think Ravi Shankar wrote a piece called 'Spirit of India' as a theme for the film 'Gandhi'.
                    Hello, we have a new person here, joining in ....... Cali, can you adjudicate (it's your puzzle he's trying to solve)

Comment

Originally posted by Northender View Post
                      Hi Northender!

Yes mercia got it (in slightly less detail than you) in #21008... But great to have you aboard, a newcomer to the Forum. Hope you stick around.

If it weren't for the fact that I'd invited amateur51 to set the H, I'd suggest you have a crack. I wonder if amateur is working on it, out? Calling ammy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                        Fine teas are like fine wines. At the moment I have Jun Chiyabari, absolute tip-top Darjeeling, which is Muscatel enhanced by softer notes of wheat and moss. It's a tippy golden flowery orange pekoe. Pretentious - moi?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                          Prentious - moi?
                          dunno - what does it mean ?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                            Fine teas are like fine wines. At the moment I have Jun Chiyabari, absolute tip-top Darjeeling, which is Muscatel enhanced by softer notes of wheat and moss. It's a tippy golden flowery orange pekoe. Pretentious - moi?
                            So if I offered you a cup of my Taylor's Yorkshire Tea to wash down the Tesco's Finest Frozen Paella Flavour Nuggets, you'd turn your nose up?

And they say us London sorts with our ocelots is snobs!!

It's all coming out now!!!

I have to leave the internet for an hour or so.

I would be equally happy for ammy to set H or if he is tied up, new friend Northender if you feel like it

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                              So if I offered you a cup of my Taylor's Yorkshire Tea to wash down the Tesco's Finest Frozen Paella Flavour Nuggets, you'd turn your nose up?
                              If you ever offered me a cup of tea (even it were Yorkshire) accompanied by a ham sandwich or a pork pie - I would tell your Aged Pa to buy a hat and set off the canon! Edit: I'm off now for a while also
                              Last edited by Guest; 01-06-12, 18:00.

Comment

Bought Earl Grey by special request, as my usual Tetley and Red Bush weren't deemed good enough. Was I wrong to shudder and wince when my guest asked that it be served with milk? Earl Grey with milk?!?!
                                My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Working...
                                X